UMNEWS – The Hurricane takes a prize at journalism contest

UM took home a number of awards in the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) Mark of Excellence Awards given Saturday, April 9 at the SPJ Regional Conference held in Charleston, S.C. The Hurricane received Honorable Mention in the Best All-Around Non-Daily Student Newspaper category. The winner in the category was the Central Florida Future, the student newspaper from the University of Central Florida.

At the same conference, UMTV won in the TV In-Depth Reporting category for its “Coral Gables: Changing with the Times” segment, and UMTV’s Robert Kaple won in the TV General News Reporting category for his “John Kerry Visits U of M” segment.

In the Online General News Reporting category, Jennifer Gilliam and her class won for their project, “A Student’s View of the Miami Presidential Debate,” which can be viewed at www.viscom.miami.edu/debate.

The Florida Law School's Consortium for Racial Justice will leverage the strengths of every law

In a letter on Wednesday, President Julio Frenk unveiled a 15-point plan to improve and build upon d

Two technology experts with the University of Miami explain the origins of “bots” and their role on

During Tuesday’s virtual events, members of the University of Miami leadership discussed the essenti

Groundbreaking scientific research and innovative discoveries from the University of Miami will be f