Elsewhere – Nebraska U. student to compete in National Rock Paper Scissors tournament

U-WIRE) LINCOLN, Neb.-University of Nebraska student Ryan Gartner thought it was a big joke when he received a letter in the mail indicating he had been chosen to attend the National Collegiate Rock Paper Scissors Invitational Tournament in South Beach, Fla.

“I didn’t think it was serious,” said the freshman Spanish major. “I had to call to make sure it wasn’t a joke. I didn’t think it was real.”

Gartner is one of 100 college students selected in a drawing to participate in the April 16 Rock, Paper, Scissors Competition sponsored by Nebraska Bookstore and GotUsed, a network of college book stores, said Chris Rodgers, regional manager of Nebraska Book Company.

Gartner signed up for a chance at the national competition during Big Red Welcome in August. There, he saw a big boxing ring poster for the Rock Paper Scissors tournament on display.

The winner of the national competition scores $5,000 and a ticket to the world championship in Calgary, Canada.

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos already has displayed a penchant for giving thoughtful, substantiv ...

And you thought the quarterback race was hot before. After reviewing the University of Miami spring ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...