LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Praise for The Hurricane online

I receive the online version of The Hurricane, and I want to take this opportunity to thank you and your staff for a very fine publication. When I attended Miami (ancient history-class of ’73!), Tuesdays and Fridays were the publication dates, and each issue was pored over by some, ignored by others, and used as fish-wrapping by a few. But it was an effort by a dedicated staff then, and I am pleased that The Hurricane staff continues to do a good job. I enjoyed it then, and I enjoy it now.

The various departments, columns and other aspects of your paper are well done, and I enjoy reading them. I must admit, however, that some of the content is beyond me (e.g., current music and popular celebrities). But 30 years later, the old adage remains true: “The more things change, the more they stay the same.”

Thank you for allowing me to keep up with my alma mater over time and distance!

John P. Farrer

Alumnus

Class of 1973

There is, indeed, a three-man quarterback race at the University of Miami. As spring came to a close ...

The Miami Hurricanes, for the past few years, have gone as far as their defense would take them, let ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s spring game at Camping World Stadium in Orlando: ▪ The quarterback play was ...

The Miami Hurricanes just wrapped up their spring game at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, where th ...

Mark Richt, speaking publicly for the first time since retiring as the Miami Hurricanes’ coach, said ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

The No. 23 Miami Hurricanes dropped the series finale on Saturday at No. 8 Louisville, 9-6. ...

Making its fourth straight appearance in the ACC Championship semifinals, the fifth-seeded and No. 2 ...

It took much longer than anticipated, but the No. 23 Miami Hurricanes outlasted No. 8 Louisville, 16 ...

The fifth-seeded and No. 21-ranked Miami women's tennis team knocked off fourth-seeded and nint ...