LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Praise for The Hurricane online

I receive the online version of The Hurricane, and I want to take this opportunity to thank you and your staff for a very fine publication. When I attended Miami (ancient history-class of ’73!), Tuesdays and Fridays were the publication dates, and each issue was pored over by some, ignored by others, and used as fish-wrapping by a few. But it was an effort by a dedicated staff then, and I am pleased that The Hurricane staff continues to do a good job. I enjoyed it then, and I enjoy it now.

The various departments, columns and other aspects of your paper are well done, and I enjoy reading them. I must admit, however, that some of the content is beyond me (e.g., current music and popular celebrities). But 30 years later, the old adage remains true: “The more things change, the more they stay the same.”

Thank you for allowing me to keep up with my alma mater over time and distance!

John P. Farrer

Alumnus

Class of 1973

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship one of th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...