LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Praise for The Hurricane online

I receive the online version of The Hurricane, and I want to take this opportunity to thank you and your staff for a very fine publication. When I attended Miami (ancient history-class of ’73!), Tuesdays and Fridays were the publication dates, and each issue was pored over by some, ignored by others, and used as fish-wrapping by a few. But it was an effort by a dedicated staff then, and I am pleased that The Hurricane staff continues to do a good job. I enjoyed it then, and I enjoy it now.

The various departments, columns and other aspects of your paper are well done, and I enjoy reading them. I must admit, however, that some of the content is beyond me (e.g., current music and popular celebrities). But 30 years later, the old adage remains true: “The more things change, the more they stay the same.”

Thank you for allowing me to keep up with my alma mater over time and distance!

John P. Farrer

Alumnus

Class of 1973

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ If N’Kosi Perry starts against North Carolina — as ma ...

Want a hot topic at the University of Miami? Quarterbacks. Want a hot unit? Defense. While Hurricane ...

The quarterback topic never gets old at the University of Miami, especially this week, when Hurrican ...

Mark Richt did what many of us expected Tuesday morning at the University of Miami’s Greentree Field ...

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Canes have not named a starting quarterback for Thursday's game vs. UNC, but they know they ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

View some of the top images from Estela Perez-Somarriba's Oracle ITA Masters title match victor ...

Lucia Marzal Martinez of the Miami women's tennis team competed as an amateur Tuesday in the Hi ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...