LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Praise for The Hurricane online

I receive the online version of The Hurricane, and I want to take this opportunity to thank you and your staff for a very fine publication. When I attended Miami (ancient history-class of ’73!), Tuesdays and Fridays were the publication dates, and each issue was pored over by some, ignored by others, and used as fish-wrapping by a few. But it was an effort by a dedicated staff then, and I am pleased that The Hurricane staff continues to do a good job. I enjoyed it then, and I enjoy it now.

The various departments, columns and other aspects of your paper are well done, and I enjoy reading them. I must admit, however, that some of the content is beyond me (e.g., current music and popular celebrities). But 30 years later, the old adage remains true: “The more things change, the more they stay the same.”

Thank you for allowing me to keep up with my alma mater over time and distance!

John P. Farrer

Alumnus

Class of 1973

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The Miami Hurricanes football coaching staff is officially complete. UM announced Friday that Taylor ...

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...

Check out the January edition of the University of Miami's e-magazine. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 2-0 on the young season after securing a ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first doubleheader of the season Saturday in ...