CD REVIEW – N2U Issues

N2U is the latest buzz in the R&B music scene. The group, made up of Chris Buck, 25, Mark Richard, 21, Don Lee Samuels, 20, and Antonio Avant, 25.

The first single on the album is “Baby Mama Love,” which features Jermaine Dupri, is reminiscent of the music of R&B singer Dave Hollister. This song is about taking car of your son although you are no longer with your baby mama. It is also about a girl who is always there for you. The second single, “Issues,” is slower than the first. It is about admitting that your relationship has problems and choosing to work those problems out. “Beauty” is a song about inner beauty: “without honesty or loyalty, you can only be a common enemy.” “Breaking the Law” is a sensual song about love-making. “Coming from the Heart” is one of my personal favorites. The lyrics are very poetic: “You’re the color in the picture” and “You’re my sunlight in early dawn.”

N2U’s debut album is in stores now. Most of the songs are written by Kenny Whitehead (Marques Houston) and The Underdogs (Toni Braxton and Michael Jackson). This group is fresh, its songs are motivating, and its stories are meaningful.

Sandra Remilien can be contacted at s.remilien@umiami.edu.

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...