CD REVIEW – N2U Issues

N2U is the latest buzz in the R&B music scene. The group, made up of Chris Buck, 25, Mark Richard, 21, Don Lee Samuels, 20, and Antonio Avant, 25.

The first single on the album is “Baby Mama Love,” which features Jermaine Dupri, is reminiscent of the music of R&B singer Dave Hollister. This song is about taking car of your son although you are no longer with your baby mama. It is also about a girl who is always there for you. The second single, “Issues,” is slower than the first. It is about admitting that your relationship has problems and choosing to work those problems out. “Beauty” is a song about inner beauty: “without honesty or loyalty, you can only be a common enemy.” “Breaking the Law” is a sensual song about love-making. “Coming from the Heart” is one of my personal favorites. The lyrics are very poetic: “You’re the color in the picture” and “You’re my sunlight in early dawn.”

N2U’s debut album is in stores now. Most of the songs are written by Kenny Whitehead (Marques Houston) and The Underdogs (Toni Braxton and Michael Jackson). This group is fresh, its songs are motivating, and its stories are meaningful.

Sandra Remilien can be contacted at s.remilien@umiami.edu.

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...