LETTER TO THE EDITOR

A letter to Coach Labati

Coach Labati, don’t worry about getting “stabbed” in the back. I got it more than 50 years ago at UM as a G.F. student. I worked for 40 cents an hour as “student help” in the cleaning and maintenance department. Not a pleasant job. They “curved” me into a low average and no diploma. So I served in another war and became a disabled veteran. The lack of a diploma never stopped me, and I fight Waldenstrom’s macrobulemenia, a rare incurable blood cancer. More recently UM officials have ventured that my activity doesn’t equate with UM’s profile. Try cleaning toilets, classrooms and offices and moving heavy furniture. Prominently known as Hurricane Hank, I can only say someone will sign you quick.

Henry La. Lenkiewicz

U.S. Army Retired Combat Medic

Disabled Vet, WWII, Korea

Attended UM, 1974-1950

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...