LETTER TO THE EDITOR

A letter to Coach Labati

Coach Labati, don’t worry about getting “stabbed” in the back. I got it more than 50 years ago at UM as a G.F. student. I worked for 40 cents an hour as “student help” in the cleaning and maintenance department. Not a pleasant job. They “curved” me into a low average and no diploma. So I served in another war and became a disabled veteran. The lack of a diploma never stopped me, and I fight Waldenstrom’s macrobulemenia, a rare incurable blood cancer. More recently UM officials have ventured that my activity doesn’t equate with UM’s profile. Try cleaning toilets, classrooms and offices and moving heavy furniture. Prominently known as Hurricane Hank, I can only say someone will sign you quick.

Henry La. Lenkiewicz

U.S. Army Retired Combat Medic

Disabled Vet, WWII, Korea

Attended UM, 1974-1950

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...