UMNEWS – School of Nursing appoints new associate dean

The University of Miami’s School of Nursing and Health Studies recently appointed Valerie Browne-Krimsley, EdD, RN, as associate dean of student services and associate professor of clinical nursing, announced Nilda Peragallo, dean of the school. As associate dean, Browne-Krimsley will focus on the task of recruiting and mentoring talented nursing students.

A 28-year veteran of the nursing industry, Browne-Krimsley was associate professor at the University of Central Florida (UCF) School of Nursing and director of the UCF Community Nursing Centers. She has served as assistant professor at Florida International University School of Nursing, faculty/consultant at Arizona Western College and staff nurse at New York University Medical Center.

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 15 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...