UMNEWS – School of Nursing appoints new associate dean

The University of Miami’s School of Nursing and Health Studies recently appointed Valerie Browne-Krimsley, EdD, RN, as associate dean of student services and associate professor of clinical nursing, announced Nilda Peragallo, dean of the school. As associate dean, Browne-Krimsley will focus on the task of recruiting and mentoring talented nursing students.

A 28-year veteran of the nursing industry, Browne-Krimsley was associate professor at the University of Central Florida (UCF) School of Nursing and director of the UCF Community Nursing Centers. She has served as assistant professor at Florida International University School of Nursing, faculty/consultant at Arizona Western College and staff nurse at New York University Medical Center.

The gallery celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month with a virtual event that paired works of art from it

Felicia Knaul, an international health economist and expert in health systems and social sectors, is

Stephen A. Schwarzman, co-founder of the investment firm Blackstone, shared insights on the economy

Rosenstiel School researcher Katharine Mach, who studies the response and adaptation to changing cli

As the battle to contain wildfires continues, so does the debate as to how much climate change is ex