The Kills are solid but are no wow

Dramatic and strong from the first note, The Kills have a consistent sound that flows through their whole album, the beats varying only slightly from track to track. However, the lack of extremely noticeable change works for this odd duo of an American girl and a London boy.

The album, titled No Wow, starts with the title track, taking listeners on a journey full of angst, drama and sultry crooning. The voice that drifts out through the speakers is edgy and raw, adding a soulful and passionate feel. Completely indie rock, the tracks evoke the scene of a small smoky bar with groupies and hipsters.

Their second album, No Wow, has 12 tracks and is perfect as a background track for students who are trying to study or are in deep philosophical conversations over Starbucks. The simple guitar rifts and drum beats are easy to listen to.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...