The Kills are solid but are no wow

Dramatic and strong from the first note, The Kills have a consistent sound that flows through their whole album, the beats varying only slightly from track to track. However, the lack of extremely noticeable change works for this odd duo of an American girl and a London boy.

The album, titled No Wow, starts with the title track, taking listeners on a journey full of angst, drama and sultry crooning. The voice that drifts out through the speakers is edgy and raw, adding a soulful and passionate feel. Completely indie rock, the tracks evoke the scene of a small smoky bar with groupies and hipsters.

Their second album, No Wow, has 12 tracks and is perfect as a background track for students who are trying to study or are in deep philosophical conversations over Starbucks. The simple guitar rifts and drum beats are easy to listen to.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Three of four University of Miami scholarship quarterbacks were suspended at various times this seas ...

While the University of Miami offense has struggled mightily this season, its defense has been stell ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers boast one of the best rushing offenses in the country. On Saturday, the Miam ...

After watching several juniors turn pro and then go late in the draft or not at all in recent years, ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ If you ever wondered what the Hurricanes would look like if ...

Erin Kobetz, director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Firefighter Cancer Initiative, disc ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The Miami women's basketball team jumped two spots to No. 22 nationally in the first in-season ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...