ELsewhere – Friends, family frustrated by search for missing U. Florida student

(U-WIRE) GAINESVILLE, Fla. – A week after a group of four friends returned to UF from a spring break trip, they have no more answers than when their search first began, after University of Florida exchange student Brendan Kieran Dobbins didn’t make it to an agreed-upon meeting place in the seaside town of Tamarindo, Costa Rica, on March 4.

After doing what they could to aid search efforts, the foursome returned to Gainesville, Fla. without fanfare on March 15 to avoid questions and publicity, Imogen Wells, classmate and fellow Australian exchange student, said.

“It’s very strange to be back,” Wells wrote in an e-mail. “When we first arrived in America, it was amazing how much the U.S. felt like home.”

However, Wells said the group members have changed their minds about finishing the semester at UF and are returning to Australia this week to be with their families and friends.

Last week, Costa Rican police officially extended their investigation beyond the limits of Tamarindo to a nationwide search and ruled out the possibility of drowning.

Dobbin’s father, Brian, traveled to Costa Rica from Australia on March 10 to help in the search for his son.

The season is evaporating before our eyes. And nothing made that more obvious than University of Mia ...

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...