UMNEWS – Alumnus endows faculty chair at School of Law

University of Miami alumnus Michael Klein, B.B.A ’63, J.D. ’66, and Washington, D.C., attorney and businessman has endowed a faculty chair by making the largest gift ever to the UM School of Law. His gift of $2 million will establish the Michael Klein Distinguished Scholar Chair.

“I was able to attend UM on scholarship. Given my good fortune, I felt it right to repay that generosity,” Klein said.

“This gift is a significant stepping stone for the law school to continue its growth and momentum,” UM President Donna E. Shalala said. “It will enable us to continue to attract outstanding faculty who will produce outstanding lawyers.”

Klein is senior partner at Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, a Washington-based international law firm.

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...

Quick Hits gives University of Miami volleyball fans an inside scoop on the latest additions to the ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...