UMNEWS – Alumnus endows faculty chair at School of Law

University of Miami alumnus Michael Klein, B.B.A ’63, J.D. ’66, and Washington, D.C., attorney and businessman has endowed a faculty chair by making the largest gift ever to the UM School of Law. His gift of $2 million will establish the Michael Klein Distinguished Scholar Chair.

“I was able to attend UM on scholarship. Given my good fortune, I felt it right to repay that generosity,” Klein said.

“This gift is a significant stepping stone for the law school to continue its growth and momentum,” UM President Donna E. Shalala said. “It will enable us to continue to attract outstanding faculty who will produce outstanding lawyers.”

Klein is senior partner at Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, a Washington-based international law firm.

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...