UMNEWS – Alumnus endows faculty chair at School of Law

University of Miami alumnus Michael Klein, B.B.A ’63, J.D. ’66, and Washington, D.C., attorney and businessman has endowed a faculty chair by making the largest gift ever to the UM School of Law. His gift of $2 million will establish the Michael Klein Distinguished Scholar Chair.

“I was able to attend UM on scholarship. Given my good fortune, I felt it right to repay that generosity,” Klein said.

“This gift is a significant stepping stone for the law school to continue its growth and momentum,” UM President Donna E. Shalala said. “It will enable us to continue to attract outstanding faculty who will produce outstanding lawyers.”

Klein is senior partner at Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, a Washington-based international law firm.

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...