Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.
Safety Tip of the Week: Here are some safety tips from Director Christensen of Public Safety.
Bicycle safety tips:
* Wear a helmet. More than 70 percent of bicycle-related fatalities are the result of head injuries.
* At night, always wear light-colored clothing and make use of lights and reflectors to increase visibility. More than half of adult bicycle fatalities occur during twilight or nighttime hours.
* Ride with traffic. Don’t ride against the flow of traffic.
* Be careful and always be alert.
* Park in well-lighted and well-traveled areas, use bike racks on campus.
* Protect your bike. Keep it properly locked when unattended.
Public Safety is now giving away U type locks free with bike registrations while supplies last.
If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.
MONDAY FEBRUARY 28
9:30 a.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Theft
THURSDAY MARCH 3
7:52 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
SATURDAY MARCH 5
2:41 a.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Vandalism
4:10 a.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Arrest
4:37 a.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Arrest
2:20 p.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr. Burglary to Vehicle
TUESDAY MARCH 8
2:11 a.m. 5185 Ponce De Leon Burglary
10:50 a.m. 5185 Ponce De Leon Theft
5:20 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Fraud
8:14 p.m. 1300 Memorial Dr. Simple Battery