CD REVIEW – Indie should be so jealous of tegan and sara

Indie pop is a large genre these days but few are the female artists that have true talent. Tegan and Sara, the new indie duo from Sanctuary/Vapor records have the look and the talent.

So Jealous is a 14-track menagerie of deep lyrics, percussion and angst. All of the lyrics on the album are written by the pair, talking about the usual subjects of personality, love, the past and the future. Combing noticeable guitar chords with heavy drum beats, the tracks stand out from each other while still maintaining the harmony of the album.

Staring with “You Wouldn’t Like Me”, pop beats echo as girls swoon, “I won’t say that I will love you forever.” With each song the beats build and the sing-along choruses increase, spellbinding listeners with acoustic guitar rifts.

Track five talks about having a broken heart, asking the question, “Where does the good go…where do you go with your broken heart in tow?” The song revolves around questions that most people have left unanswered after leaving a loved one.

Perfect for a rainy afternoon, background noise while studying or even zipping around town, Tegan and Sara stand out as a top act. Hopefully groupies who have elevated other indie rockers to superstars will catch the bug and bring So Jealous to the top of the charts.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The global exploration, media, and education company will kick off a national campaign at UM to offe ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...

The University of Miami volleyball team is set to host Clemson and Georgia Tech in the first of four ...

Four members of the Miami women's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Cham ...