CD REVIEW – Indie should be so jealous of tegan and sara

Indie pop is a large genre these days but few are the female artists that have true talent. Tegan and Sara, the new indie duo from Sanctuary/Vapor records have the look and the talent.

So Jealous is a 14-track menagerie of deep lyrics, percussion and angst. All of the lyrics on the album are written by the pair, talking about the usual subjects of personality, love, the past and the future. Combing noticeable guitar chords with heavy drum beats, the tracks stand out from each other while still maintaining the harmony of the album.

Staring with “You Wouldn’t Like Me”, pop beats echo as girls swoon, “I won’t say that I will love you forever.” With each song the beats build and the sing-along choruses increase, spellbinding listeners with acoustic guitar rifts.

Track five talks about having a broken heart, asking the question, “Where does the good go…where do you go with your broken heart in tow?” The song revolves around questions that most people have left unanswered after leaving a loved one.

Perfect for a rainy afternoon, background noise while studying or even zipping around town, Tegan and Sara stand out as a top act. Hopefully groupies who have elevated other indie rockers to superstars will catch the bug and bring So Jealous to the top of the charts.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Good day to everyone. The sun had just risen and those fax machines were already humming. The first ...

So what’s UM getting with this recruiting class, among players already committed, most or all of who ...

On the eve of the early signing period, the new University of Miami defensive coordinators met the m ...

The early signing period is finally here and the Miami Hurricanes’ class is, at least for now, disap ...

Photo Gallery: UM football availabiilty | Tuesday, December 18, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Students in a School of Architecture design studio addressed some of Miami’s most intractable proble ...

Miami Law's Human Rights Clinic is intervening in a case focused on the issue of accountability ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

Things have changed in Coral Gables since the end of the regular season, but there will be a familia ...

Canes and Houston Baptist play at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24/23 Miami women's basketball team will begin play at the Florida Sunshine Classic in ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Miami women's basketball team is ranked in the top 25 of both major national polls this wee ...