Mundo is a full dining experience

World-class chef Norman Van Aken is known for his superb dishes, delectable tastes and full dining experiences. His latest restaurant, Mundo, located in the garden area of the Village of Merrick Park, is exactly that: the perfect spot for dinner out.

A combination marketplace, bistro, fish bar and wine bar, Mundo has something for every diner’s needs. Among the high-end retail stores Mundo stands out with its rich colors, comfy booths and long bar where chefs make fresh bread and music plays above the echoing voices of conversing diners.

Mundo
Village of Merrick Park
4251 Salzedo St.
Coral Gables, FL
(305) 422-6787

Dimly lit without needing a candle to be able to read it, the extensive menu offers an array of choices, engulfing diners in the richness of the reason you go out to eat-good food. Aside from the food on the table, those that would like to get a behind the scenes view can even see food being prepared in the kitchen on a giant plasma TV.

Reasonably priced and well worth the phone call for a recommended reservation, Mundo serves up delicious tapas, wood-oven pizzas, pastas with incredible, atypical sauces and desserts oozing with whipped cream and innovative presentation.

Above all, if diners can’t stop to enjoy the atmosphere while feasting, there’s always the Mercado, where almost everything on the menu is available to take home.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...