Mundo is a full dining experience

World-class chef Norman Van Aken is known for his superb dishes, delectable tastes and full dining experiences. His latest restaurant, Mundo, located in the garden area of the Village of Merrick Park, is exactly that: the perfect spot for dinner out.

A combination marketplace, bistro, fish bar and wine bar, Mundo has something for every diner’s needs. Among the high-end retail stores Mundo stands out with its rich colors, comfy booths and long bar where chefs make fresh bread and music plays above the echoing voices of conversing diners.

Mundo
Village of Merrick Park
4251 Salzedo St.
Coral Gables, FL
(305) 422-6787

Dimly lit without needing a candle to be able to read it, the extensive menu offers an array of choices, engulfing diners in the richness of the reason you go out to eat-good food. Aside from the food on the table, those that would like to get a behind the scenes view can even see food being prepared in the kitchen on a giant plasma TV.

Reasonably priced and well worth the phone call for a recommended reservation, Mundo serves up delicious tapas, wood-oven pizzas, pastas with incredible, atypical sauces and desserts oozing with whipped cream and innovative presentation.

Above all, if diners can’t stop to enjoy the atmosphere while feasting, there’s always the Mercado, where almost everything on the menu is available to take home.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM coach Manny Diaz took his staff to the Florida Keys on Tuesday evening to visit with famous Keys ...

Dominic Mammarelli didn’t only commit to the Miami Hurricanes because of Mark Richt and his old staf ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

Mark Rowlands, a University of Miami professor who adopted and raised a wolf-dog cub, observed the s ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

The No. 15 Miami women's tennis team is set to open league competition Saturday afternoon with ...

ACC unveils opponents for 20-game conference schedules for next three seasons. ...

Miami tops Clemson 65-64, as Johnson hits game-winner with 0.4 seconds remaining. ...

The Miami women's tennis team ascended two spots in this week's Oracle/ITA team rankings a ...