Crammed up to your ears in cream corn

I recently found out that one of my classmates is in a very well know pornographic magazine. I’m kind of weirded out about this for some reason, if not just genuinely shocked. I don’t know if I can look at her the same anymore. Also, how does one go about getting involved in porn? I’ve heard that the cash is good.

Sincerely,

Bunny.

Dear Reader,

So, I guess that you no longer have the same kind of dorky sympathy for this classmate. Was it really that out of the blue? Are you sure that the pictures aren’t crappy? I mean, not everyone can take a good photograph. Don’t be jealous! Maybe your classmate was super desperate for the attention and the money. Hopefully, you don’t just think of her as the “porn girl” playmate whenever she reads in class and completely write her off. There have to be a few brain cells knockin’ around underneath the boobs.

But, since you were wondering about getting involved in the porn industry, I dug up a few basic facts on what kind of career you can expect to lead. According to a source, “porn is very demanding both mentally and physically,” and is not just for the average crazy bored kid looking for a good taped time. The big magazines, on the other hand will pay you a ton of cash-anywhere from $500 dollars to $20,000 dollars for a layout -if you make their cut. Obviously, you need to have an awesome body and the brains to not let yourself get out of hand or into trouble. The jury is out as to whether or not porn is a sincere art form, as opposed to an explicitly graphic medium void of all artistic entity, yet a score of high profile celebrities have taken the opportunity to strip down, if that’s any credence to the “porn as art” argument. Furthermore, I’m assuming that just like any other type of entertainment job, there are a whole host of open casting calls you can visit in order to get started. However, before you get started, be very aware of the limitations a porn career can have on future aspirations. People get into a lot of beef with employers (think Miss America, Vanessa Williams-style) family and friends when they find out what you’re really doing with your time.

Best of Luck!

V.

My roommate is a big weirdo. She is obsessed with cream corn! She hordes the stuff at the grocery store and keeps at least 100 cans in the room. This wouldn’t be a problem if it weren’t for the fact that she is also a huge slob. She’ll eat like 10 cans each day, but never throw out the empty cans! Our room smells awful! It has gotten so bad in there (the smell, the smeared corn on the carpet, the cans all over the place) that I’m pretty much living down the hall. I feel really bad, cause she’s a nice girl, but I think that I’m going to have to tell our R.A. Is this a good idea?

Sick of Corn.

Dear Reader,

Please tell your R.A., and save your roommate from a life filled with social isolation. Her habit is disgusting. Not only is it repulsive to eat more than one can of creamed corn in a lifetime, but her behavior might be an indication of some type of underlying OCD-ish condition. Keeping 100 cans in the room a tad excessive, don’t you think? Is it possible for you to physically restrain her arm when she reaches for the corn at the grocery store? If at all feasible, just don’t even let her go down the aisle!

Likewise, you shouldn’t have to live in such a dirty environment. Set up a time with her to clean the room up and set down a few ground rules about tossing out the garbage. Maybe you should also let her know that her behavior has affected you in such a profound way that you’ve taken to living with someone else.

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ The Day…Wood blocks, sea sponges and lemon halves were three of many creative contraceptive options back in the day…

Dear V is published every Tuesday and Friday. All submissions, comments and questions are kept completely confidential and can be directed to DearV@hotmail.com.

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...