Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.
Safety Tip of the Week: Here are some safety tips from Director Christensen of Public Safety.
The truth about alcohol:
Today, binge drinking is out of control. It impairs your judgment, affects your body and can lead to trouble, but it also is a sign of immaturity to those around you.
* Alcohol affects your brain.
* Drinking alcohol leads to a loss of coordination, poor judgment, slowed reflexes, distorted vision, memory lapses and even blackouts.
* Alcohol affects your body.
* Alcohol can damage every organ in your body. It is absorbed directly into the bloodstream and can increase your risk for a variety of life-threatening diseases, including cancer.
* Alcohol affects your self-control.
* Alcohol depresses your central nervous system, lowers your inhibitions and impairs your judgment. Drinking can lead to risky behaviors, including having unprotected sex.
If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 23
9:00 a.m. 1300 Memorial Dr. Theft
11:01 a.m. 5513 Merrick St. Theft
7:47 p.m. 1365 Memorial Dr. Criminal Mischief
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 25
4:01 p.m. 1203 Walsh Ave.
10:26 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 26
1:05 a.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr.
4:04 a.m. 1551 Scodella
11:37 a.m. 1216 Dickinson Dr.
MONDAY FEBRUARY 28
9:30 a.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Theft