Cuban art at its most vibrant

Cernuda Arte, the white and blue gallery dedicated to Cuban artworks, has again brought a breathtaking and vibrant exhibit to its walls. Located in the heart of Coral Gables off Ponce de Leon Boulevard, Cernuda Arte has brought one of the most exquisite group exhibitions of Cuban works to the area.

The latest edition of the exhibit is titled Important Cuban Artworks, Volume Three; it’s the third installment of the series. The eighty-five works in the display show works from Colonial, Academic, Vanguard, Modern and Contemporary artists. Showcasing paintings from each style and time period, the exhibit gives any art enthusiast a sense of history as the paintings are viewed, showing the development and variated styles of Cuban art.

Despite the wide range, the subjects in each painting the brilliant and vivid colors provide a sense of cohesiveness for the whole collection. In particular, Valentin Sanz Carta focuses on nature in his paintings, using a variation of greens and yellows to provide depth to each work. In contrast, Federico Sulroca in his painting “Desnudo”-which means nude in Spanish-uses deep reds to contrast the pale nude woman that serves as the focal point for one of his works.

Varying from the traditional oil on canvas, artist Cundo Berm

For the first time since Mark Richt benched N’Kosi Perry for Malik Rosier in the Miami Hurricanes’ l ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ offense has struggled for about a month now and Saturday there was no bigger c ...

Thoughts and postscripts after UM’s 27-21 loss at Georgia Tech on Saturday: ▪ If Mark Richt intends ...

The Miami Hurricanes have spiraled into a deep dive, with little time left to surface for air. In a ...

When Jack Spicer first booted away a 38-yard punt early in the second quarter against the Georgia Te ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The 2018 midterm election shifts the balance of power in Congress, with women playing a huge role. ...

UM alumna, one-time Miami Dolphins cheerleader, and National Geographic explorer Mireya Mayor lives ...

The “It’s On Us” Student Ambassador Program empowers peers to overcome sexual misconduct and gender ...

The Hurricanes advance to the Preseason WNIT semifinals. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team fell to North Carolina, 3-1, on Veteran's Day at Carmic ...

The No. 25/24 Miami women's basketball team will resume play in the Preseason WNIT Sunday after ...

The Hurricanes fall to Georgia Tech in Atlanta Saturday night. ...

Freshmen Franco Aubone and Kaya Gore of the University of Miami men's tennis team captured a do ...