Elsewhere – Oregon underwear thief is Washington State U. alumnus

(U-WIRE) PULLMAN, Wash.-Sung Koo Kim, the alleged Oregon underwear thief, is a Washington State University graduate.

Kim graduated from WSU with a degree in Genetics and Cellular Biology in 2001, according to the Oregonian.

The 30-year old Kim has been accused of stealing more than 3,400 pairs of women’s underwear at Oregon colleges since 2001.

Police caught Kim in his Tigard, Ore., home with the stash of underwear in May 2004. He was charged with theft in Benton, Multnomah, Yamhill and Washington counties in Oregon.

The underwear thefts were reported in at least six Oregon colleges, including Oregon State University, Linfield College, George Fox University, Concordia University and the University of Portland. The thefts were from laundry rooms in dormitories and apartment complexes.

Kim is also faced with child pornography charges in Washington County. Officers inspecting his home computer found child pornography, in addition to over 40,000 pornographic images of women being tortured and mutilated, according to court documents.

There were several reported cases of underwear theft during the time that Kim attended WSU, said Steve Hansen, chief of WSU Police Department. But those cases may not be significant to the Kim case.

Kim is in custody in Oregon. The first trials will take place in Yamhill county, Sassaman said.

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

University of Miami head men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric revealed Friday the team's schedu ...