Elsewhere – Oregon underwear thief is Washington State U. alumnus

(U-WIRE) PULLMAN, Wash.-Sung Koo Kim, the alleged Oregon underwear thief, is a Washington State University graduate.

Kim graduated from WSU with a degree in Genetics and Cellular Biology in 2001, according to the Oregonian.

The 30-year old Kim has been accused of stealing more than 3,400 pairs of women’s underwear at Oregon colleges since 2001.

Police caught Kim in his Tigard, Ore., home with the stash of underwear in May 2004. He was charged with theft in Benton, Multnomah, Yamhill and Washington counties in Oregon.

The underwear thefts were reported in at least six Oregon colleges, including Oregon State University, Linfield College, George Fox University, Concordia University and the University of Portland. The thefts were from laundry rooms in dormitories and apartment complexes.

Kim is also faced with child pornography charges in Washington County. Officers inspecting his home computer found child pornography, in addition to over 40,000 pornographic images of women being tortured and mutilated, according to court documents.

There were several reported cases of underwear theft during the time that Kim attended WSU, said Steve Hansen, chief of WSU Police Department. But those cases may not be significant to the Kim case.

Kim is in custody in Oregon. The first trials will take place in Yamhill county, Sassaman said.

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 3-0 on the season following a 6-1 triumph ...