UM cleanliness 101:To pee or not to pee, that is the question

The other day I had this crazy urge to use the bathroom. I know that this is an uncommon urge but it happens. Anyway, I decided that I would use one of the bathrooms in the UC. When I walked in I realized why that guy from American Pie ran home every time he needed to use the bathroom. The whole seat was full of urine. Living on campus, I guess I could actually run back to my dorm every time I needed the bathroom or I could write about it and hope to reach some people.

The parts of the men’s bathroom are absolutely wonderful. Since some people seem to not understand the different parts I am going to take the liberty to name them. First there is the toilet; it is used for “#2” which includes but is not limited to sitting down (which is why it would be nice to keep it clean). Now I understand that some guys are shy, get stage fright or just like the privacy of the stall, so it’s a good thing the inventors of the toilet installed hinges on the seat so it can be lifted when you are standing. Let’s move on. There is another amazing invention called the urinal. I know that in most bathrooms the urinals either equal or out-number the toilets. They aren’t that hard to use. Just stand in front of one, aim and shoot. Lastly there is the sink, for washing your hands. Now I know this is none of my business, but more people really should use this item. It is good for you.

My mom teaches kindergarten and I know for a fact that if one of her kids makes a mess they have to clean it up. Here we are on a college campus and I would expect the same. I consider this University my home, probably because I live here. I don’t pee on your toilet seats at home and I would think that you would not pee on the toilet seats in my home either. I fully understand that we have a wonderful UNICCO staff that cleans our bathrooms but they don’t clean after every user. So I plead with you, please if you sprinkle when you tinkle wipe it up! We are all big boys on this campus.

Justin Diamond can be contacted at j.diamond@umiami.edu.

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...