Coach’s Corner

The team was trailing by double digits during the first half of the Clemson game and the Tigers were applying excellent defensive pressure on the guards. How were you able to turn it around and play so well in the second half?

We became more aggressive. We didn’t allow their pressure to keep us away from the basket. We attacked their pressure better in the second half.

After beating Maryland and losing to Duke, were you surprised that the Terrapins beat the Blue Devils twice this season?

No, because Maryland is an outstanding ball club. Anybody can beat anybody in this league. There are a lot of great teams and a lot of great coaches.

How many teams do you think the ACC deserves to get in the tournament this year considering the logjam of teams in the middle of the pack?

I think there should be at least six teams from our league that make the NCAAs. People across the country don’t realize how great of a league this is. The reason there is a logjam is because we are all beating each other up.

We know that the players have superstitions, but do you have anything you must do before or during a game for good luck?

No, not really the superstitious type.

Did you do anything special for Valentine’s Day this year?

On Sunday evening, my wife and I went to a couple’s gathering at the Coker’s home. It was a lot of fun!

Send questions for Coach Haith to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...