Coach’s Corner

The team was trailing by double digits during the first half of the Clemson game and the Tigers were applying excellent defensive pressure on the guards. How were you able to turn it around and play so well in the second half?

We became more aggressive. We didn’t allow their pressure to keep us away from the basket. We attacked their pressure better in the second half.

After beating Maryland and losing to Duke, were you surprised that the Terrapins beat the Blue Devils twice this season?

No, because Maryland is an outstanding ball club. Anybody can beat anybody in this league. There are a lot of great teams and a lot of great coaches.

How many teams do you think the ACC deserves to get in the tournament this year considering the logjam of teams in the middle of the pack?

I think there should be at least six teams from our league that make the NCAAs. People across the country don’t realize how great of a league this is. The reason there is a logjam is because we are all beating each other up.

We know that the players have superstitions, but do you have anything you must do before or during a game for good luck?

No, not really the superstitious type.

Did you do anything special for Valentine’s Day this year?

On Sunday evening, my wife and I went to a couple’s gathering at the Coker’s home. It was a lot of fun!

Send questions for Coach Haith to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

The Miami Hurricanes may have found their future quarterback. Tate Martell, a former four-star recru ...

At 7:27 p.m Tuesday, University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz tweeted a GIF of a swirling Hurri ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ As Miami awaits decisions from its potential 2019 qua ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

Pictures from the No. 17 Miami women's tennis team's season-opening action in the Miami Sp ...