Coach’s Corner

The team was trailing by double digits during the first half of the Clemson game and the Tigers were applying excellent defensive pressure on the guards. How were you able to turn it around and play so well in the second half?

We became more aggressive. We didn’t allow their pressure to keep us away from the basket. We attacked their pressure better in the second half.

After beating Maryland and losing to Duke, were you surprised that the Terrapins beat the Blue Devils twice this season?

No, because Maryland is an outstanding ball club. Anybody can beat anybody in this league. There are a lot of great teams and a lot of great coaches.

How many teams do you think the ACC deserves to get in the tournament this year considering the logjam of teams in the middle of the pack?

I think there should be at least six teams from our league that make the NCAAs. People across the country don’t realize how great of a league this is. The reason there is a logjam is because we are all beating each other up.

We know that the players have superstitions, but do you have anything you must do before or during a game for good luck?

No, not really the superstitious type.

Did you do anything special for Valentine’s Day this year?

On Sunday evening, my wife and I went to a couple’s gathering at the Coker’s home. It was a lot of fun!

Send questions for Coach Haith to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Patricia “Trish” White, dean of the School of Law, is stepping down at the end of the academic year. ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame announced that Trajan Bandy is the 26th recipient of the ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...