UMNEWS – New name reflects new programs

To reflect programs it is incorporating and its increased interdisciplinary focus, the University of Miami School of Nursing has a new name: the School of Nursing and Health Studies.

The health science program, formerly administered by the College of Arts and Sciences, prepares students for a variety of health-related careers, from pharmacy and nutrition to health care administration, health policy and international health. Approximately 70 new students enroll in the health science program each year. The school’s new building, now under construction, will be known as the M. Christine Schwartz Center for Nursing and Health Studies.

“This expansion positions our School to educate the next generation of leaders in a variety of health care fields,” says Nilda Peragallo, dean of the School of Nursing and Health Studies. “Integrating the Health Science degree into our curricula will enable us to enrich the learning experience of all our students and propel our School to the next level of excellence in the education of health care leaders. We welcome UM’s Health Science students and look forward to providing them with a comprehensive, quality education.”

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

It would be hard to blame Avery Huff for rethinking his commitment to the Miami Hurricanes right now ...

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses. UM defensive c ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

A UM medical team has released the first report of acute symptoms and clinical findings in 25 person ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...