UMNEWS – New name reflects new programs

To reflect programs it is incorporating and its increased interdisciplinary focus, the University of Miami School of Nursing has a new name: the School of Nursing and Health Studies.

The health science program, formerly administered by the College of Arts and Sciences, prepares students for a variety of health-related careers, from pharmacy and nutrition to health care administration, health policy and international health. Approximately 70 new students enroll in the health science program each year. The school’s new building, now under construction, will be known as the M. Christine Schwartz Center for Nursing and Health Studies.

“This expansion positions our School to educate the next generation of leaders in a variety of health care fields,” says Nilda Peragallo, dean of the School of Nursing and Health Studies. “Integrating the Health Science degree into our curricula will enable us to enrich the learning experience of all our students and propel our School to the next level of excellence in the education of health care leaders. We welcome UM’s Health Science students and look forward to providing them with a comprehensive, quality education.”

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...