Naked Karaoke takes off

It is unlikely we will ever see Pavarotti perform in the buff, so it is fitting that today’s nearly-naked pop songbirds will continue to rely on vocal backing tracks. You have vocalists, you have nudists, but seldom do you find individuals who distinguish themselves at both. In fact, if Americans were surveyed I’m sure public nudity and singing in front of a crowd would top the list of “Most Humbling Experiences”, one and two respectively.

Though public nudity remains taboo, karaoke has been embraced across the nation. What makes karaoke such an intriguing phenomenon is, despite the inherently self-deprecating nature of the task, participants line up in droves to observe and be observed. Recently, a bar owner in the state of Connecticut upped the stakes on moxy and stirred up small town complacency in the process. Is the world ready for “Naked Karaoke?”

This past Saturday, Feb. 12, was Abraham Lincoln’s birthday. It was on this symbolic day of freedom that the first public exhibition (no pun intended) of naked karaoke took place. The “unveiling” of this hedonistic event was at a bar in Berlin, Conn. The Naked Karaoke phenomenon started on a slow day in September 2003. Marty St. Pierre, owner of The Berlin Station Caf

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...