Naked Karaoke takes off

It is unlikely we will ever see Pavarotti perform in the buff, so it is fitting that today’s nearly-naked pop songbirds will continue to rely on vocal backing tracks. You have vocalists, you have nudists, but seldom do you find individuals who distinguish themselves at both. In fact, if Americans were surveyed I’m sure public nudity and singing in front of a crowd would top the list of “Most Humbling Experiences”, one and two respectively.

Though public nudity remains taboo, karaoke has been embraced across the nation. What makes karaoke such an intriguing phenomenon is, despite the inherently self-deprecating nature of the task, participants line up in droves to observe and be observed. Recently, a bar owner in the state of Connecticut upped the stakes on moxy and stirred up small town complacency in the process. Is the world ready for “Naked Karaoke?”

This past Saturday, Feb. 12, was Abraham Lincoln’s birthday. It was on this symbolic day of freedom that the first public exhibition (no pun intended) of naked karaoke took place. The “unveiling” of this hedonistic event was at a bar in Berlin, Conn. The Naked Karaoke phenomenon started on a slow day in September 2003. Marty St. Pierre, owner of The Berlin Station Caf

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...