Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.
Safety Tip of the Week: Here are some safety tips from Director Christensen of Public Safety.
There is never a need to be paranoid, but being cautious in this day and age should be second nature.
Be alert when out and about:
* If possible, go out with friends or family, not alone.
* Carry your purse close to your body, not dangling by the straps.
* Put your wallet in your front pants pocket.
* Don’t carry credit cards you don’t need or large amounts of cash.
* Whether you are a passenger or driver, keep car doors locked.
* Be particularly alert in parking lots and garages. Park near an entrance.
* Sit close to the driver or near the exit while riding the bus or train.
* If someone or something makes you uneasy, trust your instincts and leave.
If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.
WEDNESAY FEBRUARY 2
3:00 a.m. 1500 Black Liguria Ave.
11:03 a.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr.
Harassing Phone Calls
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 4
11:03 a.m. 1300 Memorial Dr. Theft
2:50 p.m. 1223 Dickinson Dr. Theft
7:14 p.m. 5665 Ponce De Leon Burglary/Vehicle
MONDAY FEBRUARY 7
2:15 p.m. 1251 Memorial Dr. Burglary
4:15 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Theft
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 8
11:09 a.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Theft
12:09 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr.
Grand Theft Auto
4:52 p.m. 5185 Ponce De Leon
5:28 p.m. 1223 Dickinson Dr. Theft
8:51 p.m. 5100 Pisano Ave. Theft
9:00 p.m. 5200 University Dr. Theft