Coach’s Corner

How much pressure was the team putting on itself after losing at home to Virginia Tech?

I don’t think we put pressure on ourselves. We just wanted to go out and play and put ourselves in a position to win by playing hard and doing the little things.

With so much time off between games, something the team has not had in a while, what will you do to keep everyone focused throughout the week?

We took Sunday off, practiced Monday and Tuesday, and took Wednesday off. The time is actually good, because we have some guys with injuries that need time to heal. We’ll continue to work hard to prepare for Clemson Saturday.

The two freshmen, Raymond Hicks and Antoine Mayhand, saw some action in the Maryland game. Are you gaining more confidence in their ability to handle ACC basketball? How much more work to they need to do before playing regularly?

Both guys have made improvements throughout the year, and I think they are getting more confidence in themselves. I think you will see both of those guys get more playing time as the season goes on.

After Will Frisby’s clutch two free throws, could you discuss a little about his role on the team as a senior leader?

Will has made tremendous improvements throughout the year. Will’s commitment to doing the little things that it takes for us to win has had an impact on our success. The biggest thing for us is to keep Will out of foul trouble so he can play more minutes.

What was the most embarrassing moment of your college-coaching career? Is there one funny incident that stands out?

When I was an assistant at Wake Forest, one of my jobs was to put the starters in the book at 10 minutes before game time. We were playing at Maryland, and I completely forgot. Therefore, the game was going to start with Maryland shooting two technical free throws, but Gary Williams decided he didn’t want to start the game like that and saved me. That was pretty embarrassing.

Send any questions for Coach Haith to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

The early signing period is right around the corner and the Miami Hurricanes have plenty of work to ...

We examined where UM stands with defensive recruiting, by position, in this piece. Here’s a look at ...

Lakeland, for the most part, has always been Florida Gators country. Florida has been able to rely o ...

University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz is receiving strong consideration for the head ...

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

The answer to that question may impact what happens to the European Union. ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...