Coach’s Corner

How much pressure was the team putting on itself after losing at home to Virginia Tech?

I don’t think we put pressure on ourselves. We just wanted to go out and play and put ourselves in a position to win by playing hard and doing the little things.

With so much time off between games, something the team has not had in a while, what will you do to keep everyone focused throughout the week?

We took Sunday off, practiced Monday and Tuesday, and took Wednesday off. The time is actually good, because we have some guys with injuries that need time to heal. We’ll continue to work hard to prepare for Clemson Saturday.

The two freshmen, Raymond Hicks and Antoine Mayhand, saw some action in the Maryland game. Are you gaining more confidence in their ability to handle ACC basketball? How much more work to they need to do before playing regularly?

Both guys have made improvements throughout the year, and I think they are getting more confidence in themselves. I think you will see both of those guys get more playing time as the season goes on.

After Will Frisby’s clutch two free throws, could you discuss a little about his role on the team as a senior leader?

Will has made tremendous improvements throughout the year. Will’s commitment to doing the little things that it takes for us to win has had an impact on our success. The biggest thing for us is to keep Will out of foul trouble so he can play more minutes.

What was the most embarrassing moment of your college-coaching career? Is there one funny incident that stands out?

When I was an assistant at Wake Forest, one of my jobs was to put the starters in the book at 10 minutes before game time. We were playing at Maryland, and I completely forgot. Therefore, the game was going to start with Maryland shooting two technical free throws, but Gary Williams decided he didn’t want to start the game like that and saved me. That was pretty embarrassing.

Send any questions for Coach Haith to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...