Briefs – WOMENS BASKETBALL * WOMENS SOCCER

Women’s Basketball

Junior Tamara James was named the ACC Player of the Week for the week ending Feb. 6 as announced by the Atlantic Coast Conference office in Greensboro, N.C.

James averaged 25.0 points on the week while shooting 45.0 percent from the field as the Hurricanes finished a three-game week with Clemson, Duke and Virginia Tech.

The Dania, Fla. native opened the three-game stretch at Clemson Monday, scoring 22 points in just 26 minutes of action. She also recorded two steals and five rebounds in the 83-69 victory over the Tigers.

Thursday against the Blue Devils, James posted 18 points and six rebounds while dishing out three assists with six steals.

In the final game of the week against Virginia Tech Sunday afternoon, James paced the team with a 35-point performance, connecting on 13-of-29 from the field and 7-of-7 from the free throw line. In addition, James tallied seven rebounds and two blocks against the Hokies.

The honor marks the second time this season James has earned Player of the Week accolades. Earlier this season, she was named the Player of the Week Jan. 3 after averaging 33.7 points over a three-game stretch.

Women’s Soccer

Head coach Tricia Taliaferro, along with the University of Miami, announced Tuesday the signing of seven players to national letters of intent to play for the Hurricane soccer program in 2005.

The incoming class heralds four players from the talent-rich state of California, two players from the midwest and one product of the South Florida area, all of which boast r

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ If N’Kosi Perry starts against North Carolina — as ma ...

Want a hot topic at the University of Miami? Quarterbacks. Want a hot unit? Defense. While Hurricane ...

The quarterback topic never gets old at the University of Miami, especially this week, when Hurrican ...

Mark Richt did what many of us expected Tuesday morning at the University of Miami’s Greentree Field ...

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

Extremely involved and passionate about UM, she served as a trustee for 21 years, beginning in 1997. ...

The University of Miami’s emergency management team is working to create a disaster resilient Univer ...

University of Miami Police and the Department of Parking and Transportation provide various services ...

The number of students applying for Study Abroad has increased dramatically, with Europe being the m ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

The Canes have not named a starting quarterback for Thursday's game vs. UNC, but they know they ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

View some of the top images from Estela Perez-Somarriba's Oracle ITA Masters title match victor ...

Lucia Marzal Martinez of the Miami women's tennis team competed as an amateur Tuesday in the Hi ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...