Briefs – WOMENS BASKETBALL * WOMENS SOCCER

Women’s Basketball

Junior Tamara James was named the ACC Player of the Week for the week ending Feb. 6 as announced by the Atlantic Coast Conference office in Greensboro, N.C.

James averaged 25.0 points on the week while shooting 45.0 percent from the field as the Hurricanes finished a three-game week with Clemson, Duke and Virginia Tech.

The Dania, Fla. native opened the three-game stretch at Clemson Monday, scoring 22 points in just 26 minutes of action. She also recorded two steals and five rebounds in the 83-69 victory over the Tigers.

Thursday against the Blue Devils, James posted 18 points and six rebounds while dishing out three assists with six steals.

In the final game of the week against Virginia Tech Sunday afternoon, James paced the team with a 35-point performance, connecting on 13-of-29 from the field and 7-of-7 from the free throw line. In addition, James tallied seven rebounds and two blocks against the Hokies.

The honor marks the second time this season James has earned Player of the Week accolades. Earlier this season, she was named the Player of the Week Jan. 3 after averaging 33.7 points over a three-game stretch.

Women’s Soccer

Head coach Tricia Taliaferro, along with the University of Miami, announced Tuesday the signing of seven players to national letters of intent to play for the Hurricane soccer program in 2005.

The incoming class heralds four players from the talent-rich state of California, two players from the midwest and one product of the South Florida area, all of which boast r

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team recorded its second win of the day Saturday evening at the ...

Chris Lykes scored 20 points, but the Canes come up just short against No. 13 UNC. ...

In the first of its two matches Saturday at the FGCU Tennis Complex, the No. 17 Miami women's t ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...