Briefs – WOMENS BASKETBALL * WOMENS SOCCER

Women’s Basketball

Junior Tamara James was named the ACC Player of the Week for the week ending Feb. 6 as announced by the Atlantic Coast Conference office in Greensboro, N.C.

James averaged 25.0 points on the week while shooting 45.0 percent from the field as the Hurricanes finished a three-game week with Clemson, Duke and Virginia Tech.

The Dania, Fla. native opened the three-game stretch at Clemson Monday, scoring 22 points in just 26 minutes of action. She also recorded two steals and five rebounds in the 83-69 victory over the Tigers.

Thursday against the Blue Devils, James posted 18 points and six rebounds while dishing out three assists with six steals.

In the final game of the week against Virginia Tech Sunday afternoon, James paced the team with a 35-point performance, connecting on 13-of-29 from the field and 7-of-7 from the free throw line. In addition, James tallied seven rebounds and two blocks against the Hokies.

The honor marks the second time this season James has earned Player of the Week accolades. Earlier this season, she was named the Player of the Week Jan. 3 after averaging 33.7 points over a three-game stretch.

Women’s Soccer

Head coach Tricia Taliaferro, along with the University of Miami, announced Tuesday the signing of seven players to national letters of intent to play for the Hurricane soccer program in 2005.

The incoming class heralds four players from the talent-rich state of California, two players from the midwest and one product of the South Florida area, all of which boast r

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...

Quick Hits gives University of Miami volleyball fans an inside scoop on the latest additions to the ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...