Briefs – WOMENS BASKETBALL * WOMENS SOCCER

Women’s Basketball

Junior Tamara James was named the ACC Player of the Week for the week ending Feb. 6 as announced by the Atlantic Coast Conference office in Greensboro, N.C.

James averaged 25.0 points on the week while shooting 45.0 percent from the field as the Hurricanes finished a three-game week with Clemson, Duke and Virginia Tech.

The Dania, Fla. native opened the three-game stretch at Clemson Monday, scoring 22 points in just 26 minutes of action. She also recorded two steals and five rebounds in the 83-69 victory over the Tigers.

Thursday against the Blue Devils, James posted 18 points and six rebounds while dishing out three assists with six steals.

In the final game of the week against Virginia Tech Sunday afternoon, James paced the team with a 35-point performance, connecting on 13-of-29 from the field and 7-of-7 from the free throw line. In addition, James tallied seven rebounds and two blocks against the Hokies.

The honor marks the second time this season James has earned Player of the Week accolades. Earlier this season, she was named the Player of the Week Jan. 3 after averaging 33.7 points over a three-game stretch.

Women’s Soccer

Head coach Tricia Taliaferro, along with the University of Miami, announced Tuesday the signing of seven players to national letters of intent to play for the Hurricane soccer program in 2005.

The incoming class heralds four players from the talent-rich state of California, two players from the midwest and one product of the South Florida area, all of which boast r

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

The 2019-20 college basketball season is more than six months away, but the University of Miami Hurr ...

The University of Miami spring game Saturday will be here before you know it, and right about now, c ...

With about a third of the regular season left, the Miami Hurricanes baseball team is on the rise and ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The University of Miami celebrates Earth Day with a host of activities at or near the Lakeside Patio ...

The nation’s oldest and most-widely known academic honor society inducted 45 students from the Colle ...

For the second installment of its “What Matters to U” lecture series, Student Government invited act ...

There is at least one member of House Hurricane in the Seven Kingdoms: alumnus David Nutter, who sha ...

Because of expected inclement weather, Thursday's game time has been moved up one hour to 5 p.m ...

Michelle Atherley earned the University of Miami track and field program's fourth ACC outdoor h ...

Canes' recruiting class now stands 25th in 247Sports Composite Ranking. ...

Miami head women's basketball coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the signing of Moulayna Joh ...

The fifth-seeded and No. 21-ranked Miami women's tennis team begins ACC Championship action Thu ...