UMNEWS – Miguel Fernandez joins UM Board of Trustees

The University’s Board of Trustees announced that Miguel “Mike” Fernandez has been named as a trustee. Last fall Fernandez made a $10 million gift to the University’s School of Business Administration, one of the largest ever made to the school, which will name the new Miguel B. Fernandez Family Entrepreneurial Center.

The new building will house an entrepreneurship center, an information resource center, undergraduate placement center, academic pavilions and student residences. The building will be designed by internationally acclaimed and award-inning architect Michael Graves.

“I am delighted to team up with the University of Miami in launching this exciting new venture that focuses attention on entrepreneurship, a field that is only recently beginning to command the respect it deserves in both the business and academic community,” Fernandez said. “With five children of my own I recognize how important it is to encourage education and create an environment for students to reach their potential. My vision is for the new facilities to help UM and South Florida continue to thrive as leaders in business innovation.”

Fernandez is known throughout the South Florida community for his unique, niche-oriented healthcare businesses that share a common focus on strong customer service. A self-made entrepreneur, Fernandez is the Chairman and CEO of several rapidly growing Florida-based healthcare companies that currently serve more than 500,000 clients.

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...