2005 Miami International Film Festival

Under the guidance of former Sundance chief Nicole Guillemet, the Miami International Film Festival is continuing its push towards the top of the country’s film festival list. The 2005 festival is shaping up to be the most impressive to date, with a long list of exciting films playing and a few celebrities coming to town.

One of the more highly anticipated films playing in this year’s festival is Modigliani, which opened the festival on Friday, Feb. 4. Modigliani is the story of a brilliant but little-known painter, a direct competitor with Pablo Picasso that never reached long term popularity like other artists of his day. The film features a powerful performance from Andy Garcia (Ocean’s Twelve) in the lead role, and some great supporting performances from foreign actors. Garcia and writer/director Mick Davis (The Match) are just a few of the film’s cast and crew members attending the festival.

Movie fans interested in seeing familiar faces on screen should look towards Cr

The University of Miami spring game will not be televised or streamed live on the Internet at noon S ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Who were UM’s standouts this spring, heading into Sa ...

As the Miami Hurricanes have spent the spring trying to find answers to question after question on o ...

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The University of Miami celebrates Earth Day with a host of activities at or near the Lakeside Patio ...

The nation’s oldest and most-widely known academic honor society inducted 45 students from the Colle ...

For the second installment of its “What Matters to U” lecture series, Student Government invited act ...

There is at least one member of House Hurricane in the Seven Kingdoms: alumnus David Nutter, who sha ...

Following a 4-1 victory over No. 13-seed Virginia Tech Thursday in its ACC Championship opener, the ...

The fifth-seeded Miami women's tennis team started ACC Championship competition with a 4-1 vict ...

The Hurricanes will battle fourth-seed NC State in the quarterfinals Friday at 9 a.m. ...

The Canes made a late charge, but fell short at No. 8 Louisville 7-5 ...

Because of expected inclement weather, Thursday's game time has been moved up one hour to 5 p.m ...