2005 Miami International Film Festival

Under the guidance of former Sundance chief Nicole Guillemet, the Miami International Film Festival is continuing its push towards the top of the country’s film festival list. The 2005 festival is shaping up to be the most impressive to date, with a long list of exciting films playing and a few celebrities coming to town.

One of the more highly anticipated films playing in this year’s festival is Modigliani, which opened the festival on Friday, Feb. 4. Modigliani is the story of a brilliant but little-known painter, a direct competitor with Pablo Picasso that never reached long term popularity like other artists of his day. The film features a powerful performance from Andy Garcia (Ocean’s Twelve) in the lead role, and some great supporting performances from foreign actors. Garcia and writer/director Mick Davis (The Match) are just a few of the film’s cast and crew members attending the festival.

Movie fans interested in seeing familiar faces on screen should look towards Cr

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship one of th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...