2005 Miami International Film Festival

Under the guidance of former Sundance chief Nicole Guillemet, the Miami International Film Festival is continuing its push towards the top of the country’s film festival list. The 2005 festival is shaping up to be the most impressive to date, with a long list of exciting films playing and a few celebrities coming to town.

One of the more highly anticipated films playing in this year’s festival is Modigliani, which opened the festival on Friday, Feb. 4. Modigliani is the story of a brilliant but little-known painter, a direct competitor with Pablo Picasso that never reached long term popularity like other artists of his day. The film features a powerful performance from Andy Garcia (Ocean’s Twelve) in the lead role, and some great supporting performances from foreign actors. Garcia and writer/director Mick Davis (The Match) are just a few of the film’s cast and crew members attending the festival.

Movie fans interested in seeing familiar faces on screen should look towards Cr

Zach Johnson is known for his fashion sense, and always has been since he led Miami Norland High to ...

Let’s fire everybody! And while we’re at it let’s fire the people who hired the people we just fired ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt, whose Hurricanes are in the midst of a four-game losing streak ...

The University of Miami’s interest in Clemson grad transfer quarterback Kelly Bryant apparently is m ...

For the first time since Mark Richt benched N’Kosi Perry for Malik Rosier in the Miami Hurricanes’ l ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The 2018 midterm election shifts the balance of power in Congress, with women playing a huge role. ...

UM alumna, one-time Miami Dolphins cheerleader, and National Geographic explorer Mireya Mayor lives ...

2018 NCAA Tournament programs match up at 7 p.m. at Watsco Center. ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball is a member of the 2018-19 Citizen Naismith ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated Hartford, 75-62, Sunday afternoon at the Watsco Cent ...