Coach’s Corner

After his 28-point, nine-assist performance, how far off is Anthony Harris from the best point guards in the conference? What does he still need to improve on?

There is no question that Anthony had a great game against Chris Paul. He played with a lot of poise and savvy. He has made great strides to get to where he is now. I think he needs to continue to be a better defender and rebounder from his position and continue to communicate more with his teammates.

Robert Hite has seemingly recovered from a rough two-game stretch against Duke and UNC. What did the coaching staff do to help him get through the brief slump? Did you guys leave him alone and let him shoot his way out of it, or did you try to work him harder on his shot?

Rob put in extra time with his shooting. We tried to not make a big deal out of it. Rob knew he needed to work on things from those two games. He knew he needed to be more aggressive and not settle for the three-point shot. He did that against Clemson and followed it up with a great game vs. Wake.

What does it feel like to hear your name on ESPN as one of the best first-year coaches in America? Did you ever expect to receive this kind of notoriety this early?

I don’t take anything for granted. I am very grateful for the opportunity I have here at Miami. I’ve been fortunate to be surrounded by great hardworking people that help to bring this type of notoriety.

Could you describe the type of emotions you felt leading up to the Wake Forest game? Was there any added significance coaching against a team you once were part of?

It was different because I was going back to a place where I had coached for five years. There were a lot of things that were the same and things that were different. It was good to see old friends from Winston Salem.

What do you think the women’s team needs to do to turn around a rough start in the ACC?

To be honest, I am worried about us competing in the ACC. I would like to congratulate Ferne on getting on her 300th win. That is a fantastic accomplishment.

Send your questions to Coach Haith by emailing e.kalis@umiami.edu.

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...