Coach’s Corner

After his 28-point, nine-assist performance, how far off is Anthony Harris from the best point guards in the conference? What does he still need to improve on?

There is no question that Anthony had a great game against Chris Paul. He played with a lot of poise and savvy. He has made great strides to get to where he is now. I think he needs to continue to be a better defender and rebounder from his position and continue to communicate more with his teammates.

Robert Hite has seemingly recovered from a rough two-game stretch against Duke and UNC. What did the coaching staff do to help him get through the brief slump? Did you guys leave him alone and let him shoot his way out of it, or did you try to work him harder on his shot?

Rob put in extra time with his shooting. We tried to not make a big deal out of it. Rob knew he needed to work on things from those two games. He knew he needed to be more aggressive and not settle for the three-point shot. He did that against Clemson and followed it up with a great game vs. Wake.

What does it feel like to hear your name on ESPN as one of the best first-year coaches in America? Did you ever expect to receive this kind of notoriety this early?

I don’t take anything for granted. I am very grateful for the opportunity I have here at Miami. I’ve been fortunate to be surrounded by great hardworking people that help to bring this type of notoriety.

Could you describe the type of emotions you felt leading up to the Wake Forest game? Was there any added significance coaching against a team you once were part of?

It was different because I was going back to a place where I had coached for five years. There were a lot of things that were the same and things that were different. It was good to see old friends from Winston Salem.

What do you think the women’s team needs to do to turn around a rough start in the ACC?

To be honest, I am worried about us competing in the ACC. I would like to congratulate Ferne on getting on her 300th win. That is a fantastic accomplishment.

Send your questions to Coach Haith by emailing e.kalis@umiami.edu.

It was maybe coincidence, but positioned just behind his left shoulder as Tyrique Stevenson spoke ab ...

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled a new turnover chain this season, replacing the bedazzled “U” that han ...

Before now, the last time the Miami Hurricanes scored 21 or fewer points in four consecutive games w ...

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

Miami wraps up its season-opening homestand with a 2 p.m. Saturday matchup against Bethune-Cookman a ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...