Coach’s Corner

After his 28-point, nine-assist performance, how far off is Anthony Harris from the best point guards in the conference? What does he still need to improve on?

There is no question that Anthony had a great game against Chris Paul. He played with a lot of poise and savvy. He has made great strides to get to where he is now. I think he needs to continue to be a better defender and rebounder from his position and continue to communicate more with his teammates.

Robert Hite has seemingly recovered from a rough two-game stretch against Duke and UNC. What did the coaching staff do to help him get through the brief slump? Did you guys leave him alone and let him shoot his way out of it, or did you try to work him harder on his shot?

Rob put in extra time with his shooting. We tried to not make a big deal out of it. Rob knew he needed to work on things from those two games. He knew he needed to be more aggressive and not settle for the three-point shot. He did that against Clemson and followed it up with a great game vs. Wake.

What does it feel like to hear your name on ESPN as one of the best first-year coaches in America? Did you ever expect to receive this kind of notoriety this early?

I don’t take anything for granted. I am very grateful for the opportunity I have here at Miami. I’ve been fortunate to be surrounded by great hardworking people that help to bring this type of notoriety.

Could you describe the type of emotions you felt leading up to the Wake Forest game? Was there any added significance coaching against a team you once were part of?

It was different because I was going back to a place where I had coached for five years. There were a lot of things that were the same and things that were different. It was good to see old friends from Winston Salem.

What do you think the women’s team needs to do to turn around a rough start in the ACC?

To be honest, I am worried about us competing in the ACC. I would like to congratulate Ferne on getting on her 300th win. That is a fantastic accomplishment.

Send your questions to Coach Haith by emailing e.kalis@umiami.edu.

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Patricia “Trish” White, dean of the School of Law, is stepping down at the end of the academic year. ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame announced that Trajan Bandy is the 26th recipient of the ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...