Coach’s Corner

After his 28-point, nine-assist performance, how far off is Anthony Harris from the best point guards in the conference? What does he still need to improve on?

There is no question that Anthony had a great game against Chris Paul. He played with a lot of poise and savvy. He has made great strides to get to where he is now. I think he needs to continue to be a better defender and rebounder from his position and continue to communicate more with his teammates.

Robert Hite has seemingly recovered from a rough two-game stretch against Duke and UNC. What did the coaching staff do to help him get through the brief slump? Did you guys leave him alone and let him shoot his way out of it, or did you try to work him harder on his shot?

Rob put in extra time with his shooting. We tried to not make a big deal out of it. Rob knew he needed to work on things from those two games. He knew he needed to be more aggressive and not settle for the three-point shot. He did that against Clemson and followed it up with a great game vs. Wake.

What does it feel like to hear your name on ESPN as one of the best first-year coaches in America? Did you ever expect to receive this kind of notoriety this early?

I don’t take anything for granted. I am very grateful for the opportunity I have here at Miami. I’ve been fortunate to be surrounded by great hardworking people that help to bring this type of notoriety.

Could you describe the type of emotions you felt leading up to the Wake Forest game? Was there any added significance coaching against a team you once were part of?

It was different because I was going back to a place where I had coached for five years. There were a lot of things that were the same and things that were different. It was good to see old friends from Winston Salem.

What do you think the women’s team needs to do to turn around a rough start in the ACC?

To be honest, I am worried about us competing in the ACC. I would like to congratulate Ferne on getting on her 300th win. That is a fantastic accomplishment.

Send your questions to Coach Haith by emailing e.kalis@umiami.edu.

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

University of Miami head men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric revealed Friday the team's schedu ...