Briefs – TRACK AND FIELD

Women’s Track & Field

The University of Miami women’s track and field team moved into a ninth-place tie with UCLA in the latest Trackwire 25 women’s indoor track and field rankings released Tuesday.

Miami has several student-athletes ranked among the national leaders in their respective events, including senior Amber Williams, who posted the nation’s top mark this season in winning the pentathlon at the Penn State National Open last weekend.

Other nationally ranked individuals include senior Wiande Moore, who ranks fifth in the 60-meters, junior Charlette Greggs, who ranks 12th in the 400-meters, junior Dominique Darden, who ranks ninth in the 60-meter hurdles, sophomore Tabia Charles, who ranks seventh in the long jump and eighth in the triple jump, sophomore Brenda Faluade, who ranks 15th in the long jump, and senior Kimberli Barrett, who ranks fifth in both the shot put and weight throw.

Miami returns to action Feb. 6 at the Gator Invitational in Gainesville, Fla.

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...