Briefs – TRACK AND FIELD

Women’s Track & Field

The University of Miami women’s track and field team moved into a ninth-place tie with UCLA in the latest Trackwire 25 women’s indoor track and field rankings released Tuesday.

Miami has several student-athletes ranked among the national leaders in their respective events, including senior Amber Williams, who posted the nation’s top mark this season in winning the pentathlon at the Penn State National Open last weekend.

Other nationally ranked individuals include senior Wiande Moore, who ranks fifth in the 60-meters, junior Charlette Greggs, who ranks 12th in the 400-meters, junior Dominique Darden, who ranks ninth in the 60-meter hurdles, sophomore Tabia Charles, who ranks seventh in the long jump and eighth in the triple jump, sophomore Brenda Faluade, who ranks 15th in the long jump, and senior Kimberli Barrett, who ranks fifth in both the shot put and weight throw.

Miami returns to action Feb. 6 at the Gator Invitational in Gainesville, Fla.

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...