TECHNOLOGY – The tool to really loving your iPod

LOADPOD COSTS

# of CDs Cost per CD Time Saved
50 to 99 $1.49 10 to 20 hours
100 to 199 $1.39 20 to 40 hours
200 or more $1.29 40 hours or more

Ever since the iPod exploded onto the consumer market, the world has not stop falling in love with its sleek lines, tiny headphones and incredible capability to carry music, hold games and organize photos. To add to the phenomenon is LoadPod, a company that will load a customer’s entire CD collection onto their iPod, if it will fit.

According to the specs, LoadPod will pick up your whole CD collection, transfer it to iPod readable format, load it onto your iPod and return your collection and your newly musically loaded Pod to you in five days. To add to the allure, all of the transferring and loading is done locally, so customers don’t have to worry about shipping or possibly having CDs, CD cases or even their precious iPod damaged by rough handling.

While other services are similar, most ask customers to ship CD collections to a specific location, often times across the country. Unlike any other service provider, LoadPod does all their services locally, no matter where you live. Once they receive a service request, customers are contacted within 48 hours and the process begins.

Top 50 albums downloaded from iTunes: Kenny Chesney, Be As You Are * Bright Eyes, I’m Wide Awake It’s Morning * Garden State, Garden State OST * The Game, The Documentary * Bright Eyes, Digital Ash in the Digital Urn * The Chemical Brothers, Push the Button * The Killers, Hot Fuss * Andrew Lloyd Webber, The Phantom of the Opera OST * Green Day, American Idiot * Ani Difranco, Knuckle Down * Erasure, Nightbird * Passion Band, Passion 05 (Live) * U2, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb * Kelly Clarkson, Breakaway * Eminem, Encore (Deluxe Version) * The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, OST * Coach Carter, OST * In Good Company, OST * Maroon 5, Songs About Jane * Modest Mouse, Good News for People Who Love Bad News * U2, The Complete U2 * And You Will Know Us By the Trail of the Dead, Worlds Apart * Gwen Stefani, Love, Angel, Music, Baby * Keane, Hopes and Fears * The Shins, Oh, Inverted World * Arcade Fire, Funeral * Bright Eyes, LIFTED or the Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground * John Legend, Get Lifted * Snow Patrol, Final Straw * Damien Rice, O * Franz Ferdinand, Franz Ferdinand (Special Edition) * My Chemical Romance, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge * The Postal Service, Give Up * The O.C., Music from The O.C. – Mix 2 (OST) * John Mayer, Heavier Things * Louis XIV, Illegal Tender – EP * Usher, Confessions (Special Edition) * Ludacris, The Red Light District * Jet, Get Born * Seal, Seal Best Remixes 1991-2005 * M83, Before the Dawn Heals Us * Brazillian Girls, Brazillian Girls * The Shins, Chutes Too Narrow * Madeleine Peyroux, Careless Love * Snoop Dogg, R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta) – The Masterpiece * Ryan Cabrera, Take It All Away * Jack Johnson, iTunes Original – Jack Johnson * Ashlee Simpson, Autobiography * Spider-Man 2, OST * Ray Charles, Genius Loves Company

The downfalls to passing along the laborious task of loading music onto an iPod are cost and preparation. While LoadPod does the work for you, it’s for a price. Divided into three different categories, prices range by the amount of CDs in the collection. In addition, all CDs must be in a sleeve, a case or a wallet. Reading the fine print, customers are also told that any CDs that are unreadable will still be accountable, regardless if they are able to load the music onto the iPod or not. Word of advice, check all CDs for scratches.

For more information check out www.loadpod.com. On the website you can find the service request form, an online store, if you don’t already have the technological phenomenon, and additional contact information.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...