UMNEWS – Richard Jolley glass sculpture and Rembrandt etchings on view at the Lowe

“Richard Jolley: Sculptor of Glass from 1985 to present” and “Rembrandt: The Consummate Etcher and other 17th Century Printmakers” will be on view at the Lowe Art Museum, from Feb. 4 through April 2. A preview on Feb. 3 will feature a lecture by Jolley. The preview and lecture is free to Lowe members, University students, faculty, staff and alumni and $10 for non-members.

Drawn from Richard Jolley’s private collection, the retrospective features approximately 54 glass objects in no less than 10 different categories of work ranging from the mid-1980s through today. The exhibition’s curator is Richard Gruber, Director, Ogden Museum of Southern Art, University of New Orleans, and Stephen Wicks, Curator, Knoxville Museum of Art.

Over the two-decade period that the exhibition spans, Jolley moves between various media, from glass and bronze to works on paper.

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 3-0 on the season following a 6-1 triumph ...