Sinorice Moss headlines skills competition at Dolphins Stadium

Fans of University of Miami football can watch standout wide receiver Sinorice Moss compete in a skills competition with 11 of his peers, including Texas quarterback Vince Young and Memphis running back DeAngelo Williams, on Monday at 1:30 p.m. in the College Football All-Star Challenge at Dolphins Stadium.

The event will be televised on ESPN and produced by Intersport, which has helped create original sports programming for every major network. The competitors will be divided into three groups: quarterbacks with Young, UCLA’s Drew Olson, Alabama’s Brodie Croyle and Clemson’s Charlie Whitehurst, running backs/receivers with Moss, Williams, Maryland tight end Vernon Davis and Minnesota tailback Laurence Maroney, and kickers.

Spectators can stand at field level and get autographs after the competition. The event is free of charge.

“It’s a great event to attend,” said Intersport vice president of events Dan Jones. “Fans will get a chance to see future NFL stars with their helmets off. Their personalities come through more, and there is lots of fan interaction with players.”

Throughout the nine-year history of the challenge, 24 competitors have been chosen in the first round of the NFL Draft and 11 were taken in the second round. This year, four of the participants are projected to be selected in the first round.

Eric Kalis can be contacted at e.kalis@umiami.edu.