Sinorice Moss headlines skills competition at Dolphins Stadium

Fans of University of Miami football can watch standout wide receiver Sinorice Moss compete in a skills competition with 11 of his peers, including Texas quarterback Vince Young and Memphis running back DeAngelo Williams, on Monday at 1:30 p.m. in the College Football All-Star Challenge at Dolphins Stadium.

The event will be televised on ESPN and produced by Intersport, which has helped create original sports programming for every major network. The competitors will be divided into three groups: quarterbacks with Young, UCLA’s Drew Olson, Alabama’s Brodie Croyle and Clemson’s Charlie Whitehurst, running backs/receivers with Moss, Williams, Maryland tight end Vernon Davis and Minnesota tailback Laurence Maroney, and kickers.

Spectators can stand at field level and get autographs after the competition. The event is free of charge.

“It’s a great event to attend,” said Intersport vice president of events Dan Jones. “Fans will get a chance to see future NFL stars with their helmets off. Their personalities come through more, and there is lots of fan interaction with players.”

Throughout the nine-year history of the challenge, 24 competitors have been chosen in the first round of the NFL Draft and 11 were taken in the second round. This year, four of the participants are projected to be selected in the first round.

Eric Kalis can be contacted at e.kalis@umiami.edu.

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...