Cereal made available for every meal

Miami just received another first, a cereal version of Coldstones. The Cereal Bowl, located on U.S. 1 right before Sunset Plaza is the creation of Kenneth Rader, Mike Glassman and Joshua Rader, a former University of Miami student.

“None of my friends or I cooked (in college); it always snowed in and we couldn’t go out. We would sit around the dorms and eat cereal for every meal,” founder and president Rader said when asked about the idea for The Cereal Bowl.

The Cereal Bowl is open seven days a week, from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to midnight on weekends. Here, hungry guests will not only be able to choose from the 35 different hot or cold cereals available, but more than 50 toppings including fruit, nuts and candies.

The standard bowl includes up to two different cereals and two toppings, with seven different of types of milk to drown it in. Confused on what to order? There are even pre-designed cereal concoctions to choose from to help make it easier. With prices costing between $3 to $4, cereal is sure to be the popular choice.

“There aren’t many quick service healthy breakfast places out there. We offer a different and healthier option, but you can make your cereal as unhealthy or healthy as you like it,” Rader said.

With Miami being its first, The Cereal Bowl team is ready to embrace and feed the students of the University of Miami and hopes to expand to University of Florida students in Gainesville later this year.

Besides being just a cereal jamboree, The Cereal Bowl offers cereal bars, oatmeal smoothies, coffee, cakes and pre-packaged Beverly Hills Caf

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...

The University of Miami volleyball team (10-6, 6-3 ACC) came up short in an ACC home match for the f ...

Junior averaged 11.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game last season. ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...