CD REVIEW – ESTHERO NOURISHES AND ENRICHES

Addicting is the perfect word to describe the new EP from Esthero. Almost six years from her album Breath From Another, Esthero continues to transcend all classifications with her latest work. Moving to Reprise Records and rediscovering the essentials to the elemental existence of her music and her life, Esthero has emerged with a five-track beauty.

Embarking on a journey the EP is just a taste of what is to come in Esthero’s fully released album to come in March 2005. Titled We R in need of a musical ReVoLuTIon!, the EP takes listeners on a soulful, sensual, body-moving experience. Esthero’s soothing voice combined with drumbeats and sometimes kitchsy-type elevator music exudes passion and true artistry.

Starting with lyrics that proclaim her opinions about the music world today, Esthero’s lyrics are not be overlooked. Kooky, erotic, confident and sometimes a little cocky, Esthero’s lyrical and musical combinations are intriguing works of art in their own. One can only wait for the full release of her album to come soon.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...

On a historic afternoon for redshirt senior goalkeeper Phallon Tullis-Joyce, the University of Miami ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up competition Sunday at the ITA Southeast Regional Champ ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...