Where it’s Hot in 2005

By Joanna Davila

While everyone was away enjoying the holidays, Miami was still keeping up with the heat. December to January, the transition from ’04 to ’05 was as smooth as could be with hot parties, new places to shop and a brand new hotel and casino.

Revolver: The Independent Night

The newest venue in town: The Pawn Shop Lounge in downtown Miami. Imagine design with VIP areas made out of an old yellow school bus and a vintage Airstream trailer. For those people that aren’t lucky enough to chill in VIP, there’s still a lounge made out of a piece of a 727 (yes, that’s an airplane). With the hottest DJs and Friday nights at Club Revolver, the only thing better are the live indie bands that frequent the venue. Look forward to a CD listening party for The Chemical Brothers and live shows from the Moving Units and French Kicks.

Onda Lounge

Adding another hotspot to South Beach’s Washington Street strip, Onda Lounge is the newest on the lounge scene. An intimate setting, the lounge has a contemporary feel with a white interior, VIP area and tight dance floor. Owned by Jacquelynn Powers (Ocean Drive magazine) and Michael Pasqualini the venue attracts an A-list crowd.

Hooligan’s Ladies Night

Located off of U.S. 1, Hooligan’s has Wednesday night ladies’ night, with free drinks from nine to midnight. Don’t have early class Thursday? Get some of the girls together and hit up the bar. That is, if you’re legal. Wink,wink.

T&A

Alright, alright-so they happen to be all over Miami, and lately, all over EDGE. Regardless, Tony Merenda and Ash Rana have teamed up and opened up a new boutique, T&A in the Design District off NE 2nd Ave.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

View photos from the Bethune-Cookman wildcats at Miami Hurricanes in a NCAA college basketball game ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...