Art Basel: From Basel to the Beach, Art is IN

Art Basel, the international art show and sister to the original Art Basel in Switzerland is coming to the Beach, and frankly, all over Miami, this weekend. The three-day show started yesterday, and ends on Sunday, and it includes art in all forms, becoming a type of cultural event for the eyes. Combining art shows with parties, special events and crossover moments featuring design, music, film and even architecture, Art Basel is the art event of the year.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The Facts:
Art Galleries: 175 galleries from all over the world
Art Statements: One-person shows by young artists
Art Novas: Designed for recently established galleries presenting new work
Art Magazines: Art publications, internet magazines and books
Art Institutions: Cultural organizations and institutions
Art Positions: 20 galleries in shipping containers converted to public spaces by architects
Art Video Lounge: Lounge with contemporary works of “video art”
Art Projects: Projects done in public domain
Art Basel takes place mostly at the Miami Beach Convention Center.

Check out www.artbasel.com for more information.

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...