REPORT CARD

Offense: A
Any Miami fan that complains about any aspect of the offense’s performance should move to Tallahassee.

Quarterback: A+
I never thought this day would come, but he did it. No, I’m not talking about Brock Berlin’s 361 yards or four touchdowns; I’m talking about Berlin’s first-ever A+ on my report card.

Running Back: B+
Frank Gore was solid in a half of work. Seldom-used backs like Andrew Johnson got the chance to have some glory, which was nice to see.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: A+
This unit has been up and down all season, but on Saturday the receivers were sure-handed and faster than anyone on the field. Even Ryan Moore caught a touchdown pass.

Offensive Line: A-
Another courageous performance for the o-line. Center Joel Rodriguez said there were several regrettable plays for the lineman, but in a 52-7 victory it’s hard to be overly upset.

Defense: A
It’s pretty easy to play defense when your offense spots you 21 points halfway through the first quarter.

Defensive Line: B
The d-line got some penetration, but Wake Forest’s quarterbacks were able to find some holes up the middle. Overall, it was a solid effort for the defensive line.

Linebackers: A-
For weeks I’ve been screaming for the linebackers to stay home and focus on stopping the run. ACC-leading rusher Chris Barclay only averaged 3.2 yards per carry. It’s nice to see my whining was finally acknowledged.

Secondary: A-
Wake Forest did absolutely nothing in the passing game. I don’t have anything to complain about.

Special Teams: A
Brian Monroe barely had to punt, Jon Peattie only had to attempt one field goal and Wake Forest refused to kick to Devin Hester. The blocked punt to open the second half basically ended the game.

Coaching: A
Offensive Coordinator Dan Werner did a great job of exposing Wake Forest’s weak and injury-riddled secondary. I can’t complain about the rest of the staff either.

Eric Kalis can be contacted at e.kalis@umiami.edu.

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...