REPORT CARD

Offense: B
Brock Berlin wasn’t great and there was a plethora of dropped passes, but it’s hard to complain when the offense scores three touchdowns and the Hurricanes win.

Quarterback: B
Berlin’s numbers are not staggering: 18-for-33, 177 yards, two touchdowns. But the key statistic when evaluating his performance is zero interceptions. If he doesn’t make huge mistakes, Miami should win.

Running Backs: A
Frank Gore had a career outing for the Hurricanes, and with the adversity he has faced during his tenure at UM, I couldn’t be happier for him.

Wide Receivers/
Tight Ends: C+
Roscoe Parrish has become the wide out everyone salivated over during his freshman season. The drops by the other receivers have to be mentioned, however.

Offensive Line: B+
With all the injuries, the o-line was still able to allow Gore to go crazy and provided decent pass protection when the Hurricanes needed it most.

Defense: B-
It is still startling to see teams running wild on UM, but some of the players are starting to hit like the Hurricanes of old.

Defensive Line: B-
The d-line is not getting the penetration it needs to, but Orien Harris and Baraka Atkins were more active than they had been in the two losses.

Linebackers: C-
This is the one unit I will not be nice to until it starts staying home to stop the run. Quarterback Marques Hagans gained 85 yards rushing against the Hurricanes, which should never happen.

Secondary: B
Brandon Meriweather came through with an interception and some big hits. If the secondary can start laying people out on a consistent basis, fans will be able to forgive the Hurricanes for blown coverages.

Special Teams: C
Jon Peattie uncharacteristically missed a 29-yarder and Brian Monroe’s punting was suspect, but Monroe’s acting job to get a roughing the passer call in the first half bailed the unit out.

Coaching: B
Larry Coker and Dan Werner are temporarily off the hook after an incredibly gutsy fourth down call on the Parrish touchdown catch that clinched the victory.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

It hasn’t been a great few weeks on the recruiting trail for the Miami Hurricanes with regards to of ...

A six-pack of Heat notes, leading up to Heat-Lakers on Monday night: ▪ In the days before one of his ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...