REPORT CARD

Offense: B
Brock Berlin wasn’t great and there was a plethora of dropped passes, but it’s hard to complain when the offense scores three touchdowns and the Hurricanes win.

Quarterback: B
Berlin’s numbers are not staggering: 18-for-33, 177 yards, two touchdowns. But the key statistic when evaluating his performance is zero interceptions. If he doesn’t make huge mistakes, Miami should win.

Running Backs: A
Frank Gore had a career outing for the Hurricanes, and with the adversity he has faced during his tenure at UM, I couldn’t be happier for him.

Wide Receivers/
Tight Ends: C+
Roscoe Parrish has become the wide out everyone salivated over during his freshman season. The drops by the other receivers have to be mentioned, however.

Offensive Line: B+
With all the injuries, the o-line was still able to allow Gore to go crazy and provided decent pass protection when the Hurricanes needed it most.

Defense: B-
It is still startling to see teams running wild on UM, but some of the players are starting to hit like the Hurricanes of old.

Defensive Line: B-
The d-line is not getting the penetration it needs to, but Orien Harris and Baraka Atkins were more active than they had been in the two losses.

Linebackers: C-
This is the one unit I will not be nice to until it starts staying home to stop the run. Quarterback Marques Hagans gained 85 yards rushing against the Hurricanes, which should never happen.

Secondary: B
Brandon Meriweather came through with an interception and some big hits. If the secondary can start laying people out on a consistent basis, fans will be able to forgive the Hurricanes for blown coverages.

Special Teams: C
Jon Peattie uncharacteristically missed a 29-yarder and Brian Monroe’s punting was suspect, but Monroe’s acting job to get a roughing the passer call in the first half bailed the unit out.

Coaching: B
Larry Coker and Dan Werner are temporarily off the hook after an incredibly gutsy fourth down call on the Parrish touchdown catch that clinched the victory.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Paradise Camp continues to pay dividends for the Miami Hurricanes. As the camp wrapped up Saturday, ...

As Manny Diaz puts it, Paradise Camp is the Miami Hurricanes’ bridge between three generations. It s ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...