CD REVIEW KENNY WAYNE SHEPERD The Place You’re In

Coming back from a vacation after touring for over eight years, Kenny Wayne Shepherd has released 11 strong tracks on his new album The Place You’re In.

Revolutionizing his music to have more of a rock feel, intense passion can still be felt between the guitar chords and the soulful vocals. Having never sang on his previous albums, Shepherd’s voice is a rough and rich added element to the tracks. Fresh and appealing for a younger audience, Shepherd’s new album in innovative while still keeping some of his original blues styling.

With tracks like “Be Mine” and number’s nine “Get It Together,” Shepherd’s music is similar to fashion-savvy rock legend Lenny Kravitz. Vocalizing his thoughts on relationships and focusing on producing positive energy, the album is the epitome of Shepherd’s growth and change.

Produced in eight months and drawing such close friends as Kid Rock to mix and co-write “Spank,” The Place You’re In is a well executed mix of soulful musings and rock beats.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...