POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.
Safety Tip of the Week: Here are some tips for joggers from Director Christensen of Public Safety:
This time of year the weather is cooler and the days are shorter. It is more likely that we have to do our exercise during dusk or nighttime hours. The following are some tips to make your jog safer and more pleasurable. While jogging:
* Be aware of your environment.
* Consider jogging with a friend.
* Choose well-traveled running paths; avoid isolated areas.
* Vary your route.
* At night, wear light-colored clothing or reflective markings.
* Tell your roommate or another friend your route and expected time of return.
* If approached by a car while running alone, do not stop to give directions or answer questions.
* Avoid surprises. Listening to your headset may make you unable to hear approaching traffic, emergency sirens or any other danger signals.

For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 5
1:30 p.m. 1203 Walsh Ave. Theft

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 7
12:10 a.m. 1101 Stanford Dr. Sex Offense

MONDAY NOVEMBER 8
2:29 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Theft

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 9
10:05 a.m. 1500 Levante Ave. Burglary
5:50 p.m. 5150 Brunson Dr. Theft

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...