Miami International Book Fair

Books are invading the city and the Miami International Book Fair is the place for literary connoisseurs, authors or people who just like to read. Covering every topic imaginable books categories include non-fiction, fiction, travel, self-help, architecture, short stories and a dozen other genres.

For the most part the bright covers and glossy text are eye-catching, not to mention the interesting titles and stickers that stamp the book as a bestseller on the New York Times list. Too overwhelmed to choose just one, here a few reviews on some time-worthy books.

Who the Hell’s in It

by Peter Bogdanovich

Famous as a director, film historian and critic, Peter Bogdanovich draws upon his life experiences for his new book, Who the Hell’s in It. Working side by side with actors for most of his lifetime, Bogdanovich provides snippets of the styles, lives and histories of the actors and actresses that he has so befriended.

Painting portraits through words, Bogdanovich gives perspectives on the real characters of the dynamic screen stars that we have watched on the silver screen for years. Despite the near 600 pages the 25 sketches are endearing and memorable, a match for lovers of the old cinema.

Voyage to the End of the Room

by Tibor Fischer

Proving his ability as a great writer, Tibor Fischer’s novel Voyage to the End of the Room is a unique story with numerous quirks and interesting characters. The novel is based on Oceane, an ex-erotic dancer who doesn’t leave her London flat, managing to travel the world using her satellite radio, the internet and a travel agent who recreates lavish typical evenings in another country using extravagant d

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...