BOOK FAIR The Miami International Book Fair comes to town

The Miami International Book Fair is coming this week and with it are dozens of best-selling authors. One of the nation’s largest and most well known literary events, the Book Fair makes attendees forget that Americans favor more electronic forms of entertainment.

In its 21st year, the Book Fair will play host to over 250 authors over a period of seven days at the Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus. From Nov. 7 to Nov. 14, the Fair will host a congress of authors and a street fair over the weekend.

Promoting reading, writing and literacy awareness, the Book Fair has slowly evolved over the decades from the original two-day event. Combined with a number of programs such as night readings, children’s story time and different international pavilions, the Book Fair has something for every reader.

Covering a wide range of topics, the Book Fair is the perfect place to get an autograph, surround yourself with literature and meet prize-winning authors. Authors such as Martin Cruz Smith, Brian Weiss, Juan Williams, Marianne Williams and Tom Wolfe will all be in attendance for the street fair and various programs.

An integral part to the Florida Center to the Literary Arts, the Book Fair provides an event for literature from all over the world to converge. The Miami International Book Fair is one of the few literary events that promotes and advances literature in all forms.

>> For more information on the Miami International Book Fair go to www.miamibookfair.com.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...