POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your

belongings.

Safety Tip: Here are some tips from Director Christensen of Public Safety on preventing date rape:

* Be clear with men in your life about what, if any, sexual behavior you are comfortable with and keep talking as

you get deeper into a relationship.

* Don’t use alcohol or other drugs – they decrease your ability to take care of yourself and make sensible decisions.

* Trust your gut feelings. If a place or the way your date acts makes you nervous or uneasy, leave.

* Check out a first date or blind date with friends. Meet in and go to public places. Take public transportation or

drive your own car.

* Leave social events with friends, not someone you just met or don’t know well.

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 27

12:00 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft

12:05 p.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Hit and Run

FRIDAY OCTOBER 29

3:55 a.m. 1223 Dickinson Dr. Vandalism

6:23 p.m. 1238 Dickinson Dr. Vandalism

SUNDAY OCTOBER 31

7:38 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Burglary/Vehicle

MONDAY NOVEMBER 1

5:15 a.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr Sex Offense

7:01 a.m. 5185 Ponce De Leon Vandalism

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 2

1:59 a.m. 6500 Sagua Ave. Simple Battery

11:57 a.m. 1245 Dauer Dr. Theft of Auto Tag

4:42 p.m. 5185 Ponce De Leon Vandalism

For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...