Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your
Safety Tip: Here are some tips from Director Christensen of Public Safety on preventing date rape:
* Be clear with men in your life about what, if any, sexual behavior you are comfortable with and keep talking as
you get deeper into a relationship.
* Don’t use alcohol or other drugs – they decrease your ability to take care of yourself and make sensible decisions.
* Trust your gut feelings. If a place or the way your date acts makes you nervous or uneasy, leave.
* Check out a first date or blind date with friends. Meet in and go to public places. Take public transportation or
drive your own car.
* Leave social events with friends, not someone you just met or don’t know well.
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 27
12:00 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
12:05 p.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Hit and Run
FRIDAY OCTOBER 29
3:55 a.m. 1223 Dickinson Dr. Vandalism
6:23 p.m. 1238 Dickinson Dr. Vandalism
SUNDAY OCTOBER 31
7:38 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Burglary/Vehicle
MONDAY NOVEMBER 1
5:15 a.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr Sex Offense
7:01 a.m. 5185 Ponce De Leon Vandalism
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 2
1:59 a.m. 6500 Sagua Ave. Simple Battery
11:57 a.m. 1245 Dauer Dr. Theft of Auto Tag
4:42 p.m. 5185 Ponce De Leon Vandalism
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.