Haith deals with low expectations in ACC

Men’s basketball Head Coach Frank Haith faces an uphill battle as the Hurricanes prepare for their first season in the ACC, but he refuses to concede defeat before the season begins.

Many critics are predicting Miami to finish at the bottom of the ACC, and fans are expecting embarrassing losses to teams like Duke, Maryland and Georgia Tech. Haith said that his team gives no credence to preseason speculation.

“I don’t think anybody’s picked us not to be last,” Haith said. “We’ve been picked last by pretty much all of them…we can’t concern ourselves with what people say or how people feel about us. What we can do is worry about things we can control.”

Hired earlier in the year to replace Perry Clark, Haith has an accomplished r

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...