Haith deals with low expectations in ACC

Men’s basketball Head Coach Frank Haith faces an uphill battle as the Hurricanes prepare for their first season in the ACC, but he refuses to concede defeat before the season begins.

Many critics are predicting Miami to finish at the bottom of the ACC, and fans are expecting embarrassing losses to teams like Duke, Maryland and Georgia Tech. Haith said that his team gives no credence to preseason speculation.

“I don’t think anybody’s picked us not to be last,” Haith said. “We’ve been picked last by pretty much all of them…we can’t concern ourselves with what people say or how people feel about us. What we can do is worry about things we can control.”

Hired earlier in the year to replace Perry Clark, Haith has an accomplished r

So what’s UM getting with this recruiting class, among players already committed, most or all of who ...

On the eve of the early signing period, the new University of Miami defensive coordinators met the m ...

The early signing period is finally here and the Miami Hurricanes’ class is, at least for now, disap ...

Photo Gallery: UM football availabiilty | Tuesday, December 18, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Zach McCloud said he never doubted whether he would return to the Miami Hurricanes for his senior se ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

Things have changed in Coral Gables since the end of the regular season, but there will be a familia ...

Canes and Houston Baptist play at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24/23 Miami women's basketball team will begin play at the Florida Sunshine Classic in ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Miami women's basketball team is ranked in the top 25 of both major national polls this wee ...