CONCERT PREVIEW Here in November

“Gone ’til November” may be one of Wyclef Jean’s most famous songs, but for UM he’ll be anything but gone tonight.

Sponsored by Hurricane Productions and the concert committee, Wyclef Jean will perform on the green in front of the library tonight at 9:45 p.m., accompanied by the Refugee All-Stars. The show promises a solid finish to a dynamic evening on campus.

Combined with Hurricane Howl, the concert is the cap to the Homecoming festivities. Starting with the homecoming parade that snakes down Stanford Drive, the pep rally led by the Band of the Hour and the Sunsations, fireworks and, of course, free food, this is the night to chill on campus.

With events happening all over campus, don’t pass up the opportunity for some free and fun entertainment when you know you all are starting to expend that cash flow.

A Side Note…

The lead Fugees rapper guitarist Wyclef Jean has seemingly become hip-hop’s multicultural conscience. An activist and successful solo artist Wyclef has been in the charts as an artist, producer and noticed political speaker, participating in many high-profile charity events. But despite his activism Wyclef is a dynamic performer with strong lyrics and an amazing message for the youth. It’s a free concert, go.

It was maybe coincidence, but positioned just behind his left shoulder as Tyrique Stevenson spoke ab ...

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled a new turnover chain this season, replacing the bedazzled “U” that han ...

Before now, the last time the Miami Hurricanes scored 21 or fewer points in four consecutive games w ...

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

Miami wraps up its season-opening homestand with a 2 p.m. Saturday matchup against Bethune-Cookman a ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...