CD REVIEW ACOUSTIC SYNDICATE Long Way Round

Smooth-flowing vocals and clean-cut edgy lyrics are two of the many qualities that you can use to describe Acoustic Syndicate’s new album Long Way Round. An eclectic clash of pop country and soul, Acoustic Syndicate is breaking all barriers and reaching new heights with a tough country image.

Welcoming two additional members to their group, Acoustic’s music provides an innovative fresh sound and shows fast growing improvement in their fitted genre, bluegrass jazz. Adding Lloyd Maines, legendary Texan producer, and Jerry Saunders, an exquisite saxophone player, to the powerhouse country quartet, Acoustic Syndicate is establishing a gentle yet strong appeal to their music and attitude. Emphasizing more on vocals than instrumental play, Lloyd Maines quotes, “Man…the vocals are so soulful that it has to be out front.”

Acoustic Syndicate’s musical flavor is unlike any other artist’s. With an elaborate and complex combination of styles and sounds, the band employs tasteful saxophone solos and unique banjo play. Its vocal skills are also intriguing, leaving the listener in complete awe and amazement. Acoustic can be best described as having “the vocal sensibility of the Eagles”.

With 13 different tracks, each song contributes something special to the album. “The Pilot” is a good example of one of the songs that shows off the band’s superior skills while “The Blue Bird Train” exhibits strong saxophone play. Other hits include “Just As It Happened” and “Wake”.

Long Way Round has all the qualities of a solid album: superb instrumental play and tasteful lyrics. It is truly a work of art.

Keith Preciados can be contacted at k.preciados@umiami.edu.

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM coach Manny Diaz took his staff to the Florida Keys on Tuesday evening to visit with famous Keys ...

Dominic Mammarelli didn’t only commit to the Miami Hurricanes because of Mark Richt and his old staf ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

Mark Rowlands, a University of Miami professor who adopted and raised a wolf-dog cub, observed the s ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

The No. 15 Miami women's tennis team is set to open league competition Saturday afternoon with ...

ACC unveils opponents for 20-game conference schedules for next three seasons. ...

Miami tops Clemson 65-64, as Johnson hits game-winner with 0.4 seconds remaining. ...

The Miami women's tennis team ascended two spots in this week's Oracle/ITA team rankings a ...