CD REVIEW ACOUSTIC SYNDICATE Long Way Round

Smooth-flowing vocals and clean-cut edgy lyrics are two of the many qualities that you can use to describe Acoustic Syndicate’s new album Long Way Round. An eclectic clash of pop country and soul, Acoustic Syndicate is breaking all barriers and reaching new heights with a tough country image.

Welcoming two additional members to their group, Acoustic’s music provides an innovative fresh sound and shows fast growing improvement in their fitted genre, bluegrass jazz. Adding Lloyd Maines, legendary Texan producer, and Jerry Saunders, an exquisite saxophone player, to the powerhouse country quartet, Acoustic Syndicate is establishing a gentle yet strong appeal to their music and attitude. Emphasizing more on vocals than instrumental play, Lloyd Maines quotes, “Man…the vocals are so soulful that it has to be out front.”

Acoustic Syndicate’s musical flavor is unlike any other artist’s. With an elaborate and complex combination of styles and sounds, the band employs tasteful saxophone solos and unique banjo play. Its vocal skills are also intriguing, leaving the listener in complete awe and amazement. Acoustic can be best described as having “the vocal sensibility of the Eagles”.

With 13 different tracks, each song contributes something special to the album. “The Pilot” is a good example of one of the songs that shows off the band’s superior skills while “The Blue Bird Train” exhibits strong saxophone play. Other hits include “Just As It Happened” and “Wake”.

Long Way Round has all the qualities of a solid album: superb instrumental play and tasteful lyrics. It is truly a work of art.

Keith Preciados can be contacted at k.preciados@umiami.edu.

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team secured her spot in the NCAA ...

Six members of the Miami track and field team earned a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships i ...

Former Miami women's basketball standout Emese Hof will begin her overseas professional career ...

It took extra innings, but the Canes dropped their final game of pool play at the 2019 ACC Baseball ...

The Student-Athlete Development department has grown in size and scope and become an integral part o ...