CD REVIEW ACOUSTIC SYNDICATE Long Way Round

Smooth-flowing vocals and clean-cut edgy lyrics are two of the many qualities that you can use to describe Acoustic Syndicate’s new album Long Way Round. An eclectic clash of pop country and soul, Acoustic Syndicate is breaking all barriers and reaching new heights with a tough country image.

Welcoming two additional members to their group, Acoustic’s music provides an innovative fresh sound and shows fast growing improvement in their fitted genre, bluegrass jazz. Adding Lloyd Maines, legendary Texan producer, and Jerry Saunders, an exquisite saxophone player, to the powerhouse country quartet, Acoustic Syndicate is establishing a gentle yet strong appeal to their music and attitude. Emphasizing more on vocals than instrumental play, Lloyd Maines quotes, “Man…the vocals are so soulful that it has to be out front.”

Acoustic Syndicate’s musical flavor is unlike any other artist’s. With an elaborate and complex combination of styles and sounds, the band employs tasteful saxophone solos and unique banjo play. Its vocal skills are also intriguing, leaving the listener in complete awe and amazement. Acoustic can be best described as having “the vocal sensibility of the Eagles”.

With 13 different tracks, each song contributes something special to the album. “The Pilot” is a good example of one of the songs that shows off the band’s superior skills while “The Blue Bird Train” exhibits strong saxophone play. Other hits include “Just As It Happened” and “Wake”.

Long Way Round has all the qualities of a solid album: superb instrumental play and tasteful lyrics. It is truly a work of art.

Keith Preciados can be contacted at k.preciados@umiami.edu.

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...