CONCERT REVIEW Gin & Music

The creators responsible for the annual Seagram’s Gin Live tour came up with a great concept – gather some of urban radio’s hottest artists to showcase their talents on a tour across the nation and for those who attend, give complimentary drinks all courtesy of the liquor company. With a lineup that included Teedra Moses, Tweet and headliner Cee-lo Green, Seagram’s made sure that the tour’s title was properly named. No Ashlee Simpson moments. Just live performances.

Stylist turned singer, Teedra Moses gave a performance that left many in awe. Everything about the singer who released her debut LP Complex Simplicity earlier this year was on point. Elegantly dressed to fit her womanly, yet small frame, Teedra was on a mission to prove to the crowd why she is R&B’s rising star. “When I get on stage, I just try to feel me,” says Teedra about performing. “I don’t really concern myself with the audience. I get involved with the audience, but I don’t rely on the audience.” At times soulful and sultry, Teedra also showed hints of her gangsta side during songs such as “You Better Tell Her” where she sings “And listen daddy I’m too cute to fight/ You better get that bitch told tonight.”

If there was any indication of Teedra’s talent, it was during her performance of “Take Me.” Teedra gave a lasting impression on the audience, one that shows this newcomer will be around for some time.

Having been away from the spotlight since finishing up promotional duties for her platinum 2002 debut Southern Hummingbird, Missy Elliott prot

So what’s UM getting with this recruiting class, among players already committed, most or all of who ...

On the eve of the early signing period, the new University of Miami defensive coordinators met the m ...

The early signing period is finally here and the Miami Hurricanes’ class is, at least for now, disap ...

Photo Gallery: UM football availabiilty | Tuesday, December 18, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Zach McCloud said he never doubted whether he would return to the Miami Hurricanes for his senior se ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

Things have changed in Coral Gables since the end of the regular season, but there will be a familia ...

Canes and Houston Baptist play at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24/23 Miami women's basketball team will begin play at the Florida Sunshine Classic in ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Miami women's basketball team is ranked in the top 25 of both major national polls this wee ...