CONCERT REVIEW Gin & Music

The creators responsible for the annual Seagram’s Gin Live tour came up with a great concept – gather some of urban radio’s hottest artists to showcase their talents on a tour across the nation and for those who attend, give complimentary drinks all courtesy of the liquor company. With a lineup that included Teedra Moses, Tweet and headliner Cee-lo Green, Seagram’s made sure that the tour’s title was properly named. No Ashlee Simpson moments. Just live performances.

Stylist turned singer, Teedra Moses gave a performance that left many in awe. Everything about the singer who released her debut LP Complex Simplicity earlier this year was on point. Elegantly dressed to fit her womanly, yet small frame, Teedra was on a mission to prove to the crowd why she is R&B’s rising star. “When I get on stage, I just try to feel me,” says Teedra about performing. “I don’t really concern myself with the audience. I get involved with the audience, but I don’t rely on the audience.” At times soulful and sultry, Teedra also showed hints of her gangsta side during songs such as “You Better Tell Her” where she sings “And listen daddy I’m too cute to fight/ You better get that bitch told tonight.”

If there was any indication of Teedra’s talent, it was during her performance of “Take Me.” Teedra gave a lasting impression on the audience, one that shows this newcomer will be around for some time.

Having been away from the spotlight since finishing up promotional duties for her platinum 2002 debut Southern Hummingbird, Missy Elliott prot

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...