CONCERT REVIEW Gin & Music

The creators responsible for the annual Seagram’s Gin Live tour came up with a great concept – gather some of urban radio’s hottest artists to showcase their talents on a tour across the nation and for those who attend, give complimentary drinks all courtesy of the liquor company. With a lineup that included Teedra Moses, Tweet and headliner Cee-lo Green, Seagram’s made sure that the tour’s title was properly named. No Ashlee Simpson moments. Just live performances.

Stylist turned singer, Teedra Moses gave a performance that left many in awe. Everything about the singer who released her debut LP Complex Simplicity earlier this year was on point. Elegantly dressed to fit her womanly, yet small frame, Teedra was on a mission to prove to the crowd why she is R&B’s rising star. “When I get on stage, I just try to feel me,” says Teedra about performing. “I don’t really concern myself with the audience. I get involved with the audience, but I don’t rely on the audience.” At times soulful and sultry, Teedra also showed hints of her gangsta side during songs such as “You Better Tell Her” where she sings “And listen daddy I’m too cute to fight/ You better get that bitch told tonight.”

If there was any indication of Teedra’s talent, it was during her performance of “Take Me.” Teedra gave a lasting impression on the audience, one that shows this newcomer will be around for some time.

Having been away from the spotlight since finishing up promotional duties for her platinum 2002 debut Southern Hummingbird, Missy Elliott prot

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...