REPORT CARD

Offense: A
The unit exploded against the nation’s best defense, and the offense is starting to look potent enough to beat anybody.

Quarterback: A
I don’t know what Brock Berlin has been eating the past three weeks, but please give him more of it in greater quantities. A few more efforts like this, and Berlin may jump from almost benched to Heisman contender.

Running Backs: C
Frank Gore did not have a great night, but it wasn’t necessary, as the ‘Canes made it clear that they were going to be throwing the ball all night.

Wide Receivers: B+
It’s nice to see Roscoe Parrish putting up numbers and getting into the end zone again. Lance Leggett gets better every game, and the tight ends were fabulous as usual.

Offensive Line: A
The offensive line’s effort the past two weeks has been nothing short of heroic, as the Eric Winston-less unit gave Berlin ample time to pass the ball despite facing the best defense in the country.

Defense: C-
What has happened to these guys the past two weeks? It’s like an alternate universe where the once-maligned offense is now carrying the team to victory while the defense struggles to find an identity.

Defensive Line: C
Kareem Brown did a nice job replacing Santonio Thomas, who was injured early on. However, the d-line needs to get more pressure on the quarterback than it has the past two weeks.

Linebackers: C
T.A. McLendon is a good running back, but he should not be gaining 141 yards against this defense, and much of the blame should go to the linebackers. They need to be staying home on rushing downs to prevent the other team from breaking big runs.

Secondary: D
Jay Davis threw for four touchdown passes. Let me repeat that. Jay Davis threw for four touchdown passes.

Special Teams: B
Jon Peattie missed a 36-yard field goal, which is usually a chip shot for him. Devin Hester had an unbelievable kickoff return to start the game. It is such an advantage to have that guy on the roster. He may score a touchdown in every game of the rest of the season.

Coaching: B
Larry Coker certainly looks like a genius for never giving up on Berlin. However, he needs to get the defense to start playing like it did in the first four games.

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...