REPORT CARD

Offense: A
The unit exploded against the nation’s best defense, and the offense is starting to look potent enough to beat anybody.

Quarterback: A
I don’t know what Brock Berlin has been eating the past three weeks, but please give him more of it in greater quantities. A few more efforts like this, and Berlin may jump from almost benched to Heisman contender.

Running Backs: C
Frank Gore did not have a great night, but it wasn’t necessary, as the ‘Canes made it clear that they were going to be throwing the ball all night.

Wide Receivers: B+
It’s nice to see Roscoe Parrish putting up numbers and getting into the end zone again. Lance Leggett gets better every game, and the tight ends were fabulous as usual.

Offensive Line: A
The offensive line’s effort the past two weeks has been nothing short of heroic, as the Eric Winston-less unit gave Berlin ample time to pass the ball despite facing the best defense in the country.

Defense: C-
What has happened to these guys the past two weeks? It’s like an alternate universe where the once-maligned offense is now carrying the team to victory while the defense struggles to find an identity.

Defensive Line: C
Kareem Brown did a nice job replacing Santonio Thomas, who was injured early on. However, the d-line needs to get more pressure on the quarterback than it has the past two weeks.

Linebackers: C
T.A. McLendon is a good running back, but he should not be gaining 141 yards against this defense, and much of the blame should go to the linebackers. They need to be staying home on rushing downs to prevent the other team from breaking big runs.

Secondary: D
Jay Davis threw for four touchdown passes. Let me repeat that. Jay Davis threw for four touchdown passes.

Special Teams: B
Jon Peattie missed a 36-yard field goal, which is usually a chip shot for him. Devin Hester had an unbelievable kickoff return to start the game. It is such an advantage to have that guy on the roster. He may score a touchdown in every game of the rest of the season.

Coaching: B
Larry Coker certainly looks like a genius for never giving up on Berlin. However, he needs to get the defense to start playing like it did in the first four games.

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...