LETTER TO THE EDITOR

RE: Flu vaccine shortage

Why isn’t the Bush administration being held accountable for the flu vaccine shortage? My elderly in-laws live in Florida, and members of our extended family live throughout the state. All over this country, senior and disabled citizens are standing in lines for hour after hour for a flu shot. Many of them are on respirators, using canes, in wheelchairs or in pain. Many have gone to two, three or four clinics, showing up hours early, only to be told there won’t be enough vaccine for everyone. Why didn’t the government have a backup plan when, for years, public health officials have cited the real risk of a flu pandemic? How can we trust the Bush administration to protect us from a biological terrorist attack when it can’t even manage to provide flu shots?

Timothy Smith
Rehoboth Beach, Del.

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

For three years earlier this decade, Marlins Park would masquerade as a football venue at least once ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...