CLOTHING Tees make a statement

Ever wanted to express your thoughts without having to say them? Merenda is the solution, with designer tees that make some universal and rather controversial statements.

Designed and created by husband and wife Tony and Melissa Merenda, the tees area available to both men and women. Displaying sayings such as “Gay Is the New Black,” “Yes, I’m Rich,” “Boys Suck” and “Girls Suck,” the word-saying tees are the best of the lines.

Other tees and tanks are categorized as graphic or vintage. Graphic tees for girls include tanks with the Hello Kitty silhouette and the words “Hella Kitty,” “My milkshake’s better than yours” accompanied by a sparkling milkshake design and the blatant phrase “Fat Chick” with a small chick nesting.

Women’s vintage tees are designed in faded and earth tone colors with sayings such as “Mother Trucker” and “Taxi Dependable.”

Men’s graphic tees are available in a variety of bright colors with phrases and matching graphics such as “Italian Stallion” and “Foot Long,” with a picture of a hotdog and the classic skull and cross bones.

Vintage tees for men include “Fresh Fish,” “The Back Door Club” and the classic graphic of a city with the phrase, “Where the Stupid People Live.”

Merenda tees and tanks are sold in boutiques across the nation, specifically Florida, California, Nevada, Texas and New York. The original Merenda boutique is located on the upper east side of Miami where both Tony and Melissa Merenda cater to every customer’s need.

Additionally, Merenda supports many local designers such as the famous Ash Rana, lending their walls to display some works of local artists.

If you can’t wait to make your statement check out Merenda or visit the website. Don’t be afraid to speak your mind and let your tee carry your voice.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The global exploration, media, and education company will kick off a national campaign at UM to offe ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...

The University of Miami volleyball team is set to host Clemson and Georgia Tech in the first of four ...

Four members of the Miami women's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Cham ...