Music + Fashion Funkshion

Ten DJs, 20 designers, and four days, FUNKSHION: Fashion Week Miami was the haute event of October. FUNKSHION, the fusion of music and fashion, premiered some of the hottest spring/summer 2005 collections in the Design District’s Moore Building.

A blossoming fashion market, Miami’s FUNKSHION is unlike any other fashion week. Energetic and anything but traditional, FUNKSHION provided a venue for both established and emerging designers to showcase their collections to local fashionistas, international buyers, celebrities, media and even the public.

Along with using the runway to display their collections, the designers integrated music into their shows, often personally choosing their favorite DJs or even particular songs. Everything from electronica to hip-hop to the illustrious musings of Coldplay reverberated throughout the three stories of the Moore Building.

In addition to featuring such well-known designers such as Nicole Miller, Betsey Johnson, Rebecca Minkoff, Dragana Ogenjanovic and a few others, FUNKSHION hosted a fashion show featuring some of newest up-and-coming young designers. Sponsored by Perrier, the designers showcased their fashions for a panel of judges, competing for the Perrier “Bubbling Under” Award that rewarded the winning designer, Yuliya Sokolova, with a $5,000 cash prize to further her career in design and help produce more collections.

Combined with after parties at four of the top party spots in Miami Beach such as Rok Bar, Mynt and Priv

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...