Music + Fashion Funkshion

Ten DJs, 20 designers, and four days, FUNKSHION: Fashion Week Miami was the haute event of October. FUNKSHION, the fusion of music and fashion, premiered some of the hottest spring/summer 2005 collections in the Design District’s Moore Building.

A blossoming fashion market, Miami’s FUNKSHION is unlike any other fashion week. Energetic and anything but traditional, FUNKSHION provided a venue for both established and emerging designers to showcase their collections to local fashionistas, international buyers, celebrities, media and even the public.

Along with using the runway to display their collections, the designers integrated music into their shows, often personally choosing their favorite DJs or even particular songs. Everything from electronica to hip-hop to the illustrious musings of Coldplay reverberated throughout the three stories of the Moore Building.

In addition to featuring such well-known designers such as Nicole Miller, Betsey Johnson, Rebecca Minkoff, Dragana Ogenjanovic and a few others, FUNKSHION hosted a fashion show featuring some of newest up-and-coming young designers. Sponsored by Perrier, the designers showcased their fashions for a panel of judges, competing for the Perrier “Bubbling Under” Award that rewarded the winning designer, Yuliya Sokolova, with a $5,000 cash prize to further her career in design and help produce more collections.

Combined with after parties at four of the top party spots in Miami Beach such as Rok Bar, Mynt and Priv

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

Miami redshirt senior quarterback Malik Rosier was named to the preseason watch list for the Manning ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...