Dear V: Two readers,two cases of the blahs: Passive boys and sucky times

I’m in this brand new relationship with a guy that I really like a lot. But, I’m really bothered by his passivity. He lets me make all of the decisions because he’s afraid that I might get angry with him, but I’m really starting to get upset with his lack of input. I don’t really know what’s going on, but would really appreciate it if you could help me out. Thanks!
So Blah

Dear So Blah,
It kind of sounds like you are really bored with this guy, and I personally feel like the words brand new and boredom shouldn’t mix, you know what I mean, jellybean? It’s like riding a bike built for two, by yourself; it’s just too unnecessarily hard to have to deal with. Obviously, we all know that the dynamics of a real relationship require the input of two individual people, but sometimes we don’t all follow that rule. Maybe your problem is rooted in the way you communicate with one another – have you, at one point or another, been super dominating and perhaps come off really harshly? Try monitoring yourself the next time the two of you are trying to figure out what to do.
I think that it would be in your best interest to flat out tell him how much his ,ber-compliance annoys the hell out of you and how you feel like he’s just not interested in the two of you as a couple. Save yourself future emotional damage and let him know ASAP. Do you really want to be in a long-term relationship with yourself? Something tells me not.
Best of Luck,
V.
I’m in a funk. I hate school, my friends have been really sucky lately, and there is still another month until Thanksgiving! I don’t know why I feel like this, but I just wish that all of this negativity would go away. Help!
Usually friendly

Dear Usually,
You have a case of the blahs, and it’s totally normal. It’s so easy to be burnt out by all of the life around you and not even notice that you’re dragging. Friends, school, 4 a.m. bedtimes and everything else can kind of suck the life out of what was once your optimistic, smiley self and leave you dismal, blas

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

The Miami Hurricanes are usually off on Mondays. But today, the Canes (5-2, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Confe ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...